Does anybody use Apple maps ?

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
As in the above. I would like to minimise my Google exposure still more, and would be interested in hearing from anybody who uses the native map application,with a view to tipping Google maps out of the window.
Thoughts ?

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I use Apple Maps and Waze. I prefer Apple Maps' navigation to Waze. I've used Google Maps before, but when I got this iPhone, I didn't download it, and I've not missed it. I have noticed many improvements to Apple Maps. It gets us to where we're going. We use it a lot when we're out delivering food for a local food pantry and it's very accurate.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I mostly use Apple Maps, unless I’m going on a trip longer than 200. That’s when I use TomTom.

I find Maps very easy and convenient to use and don’t miss Google Maps at all.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I used Apple Maps exclusively for about six months, it’s much better than it used to be. However, I’m back to using Google Maps because Apple Maps still has a lot of catching up to do in terms of locations. There are a number of places I need directions to for work that simply are not in Apple Maps.

ksassy

Mar 9, 2017
Visit site
I use Waze if I'm traveling a good distance from home otherwise locally I use Apple Maps exclusively for the past 6 months and have ditched Google Maps to the point that I haven't even fired up the app for cross reference at all.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Pretty much ditto the above. I use Apple Maps almost exclusively. The only time I fire up Waze is when I'm on the highway and traffic goes from 80 mph to 0 mph.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
As in the above. I would like to minimise my Google exposure still more, and would be interested in hearing from anybody who uses the native map application,with a view to tipping Google maps out of the window.
Thoughts ?

I use and have used Apple Maps far more than I’ve used any other over the years. Apple has done an awesome job keeping it up to date, and its traffic information is spot-on. Between it and my car’s built-in navigation, I don’t need anything else and you probably won’t either, in my opinion.

Ken Magel

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I use Apple Maps rather than Google Maps most of the time because APple Maps seems to give more straightforward directions. For example, I wanted to travel from Fargo, North Dakota to Nisswa, Minnesota a few weeks ago. Google Maps had me making eight turns in the last thirty miles while Apple Maps had a total of two turns on more prominent highways.

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
My daughter swears by Wade. I use Google Maps. I don’t think I’ve ever tried Apple Maps. I may have to give it a shot.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I was using Google Maps, but now I use Apple Maps exclusivley. They have definitely gotten better in my area over the past five years.

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
TomTom whenever I’m driving (integrated nav system)

Apple Maps when I’m not driving or in someone else’s car and need to get/give directions

Apple Maps is better than it used to be but still doesn’t beat a dedicated GPS: alternates, gas prices, multiple destinations, etc.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Apple Maps is much improved but fails compared to Google if you use a bike or feet to get around. The Apple Maps with Apple Watch is very good. I like those reminders on my wrist more than looking at phone and the car's screen if it has navigation.

For our car with navigation I'll keep it's base map on, and use Apple Maps with my watch for what I feel is best and safest.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Apple Maps is much improved but fails compared to Google if you use a bike or feet to get around. The Apple Maps with Apple Watch is very good. I like those reminders on my wrist more than looking at phone and the car's screen if it has navigation.

For our car with navigation I'll keep it's base map on, and use Apple Maps with my watch for what I feel is best and safest.

I also love the turn reminders from my watch! It really is helpful!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner