Got too close

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
So you don't believe in NFC??

I don’t think Apple has opened up NFC for this kind of NFC transaction to occur. Apple has locked NFC way down. I think iOS 12 has permissions to read NFC tags, but that is about it. Certainly you would not be able to transfer any data between an iPhone and any other device without having to approve it first, such as with AirDrop, though that isn’t NFC and AirDrop only works with Apple devices.

Last edited:

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Well then let me know how this happened since you are saying that Apple isn't correct!

Both AT&T and Verizon have content transfer apps, so you can transfer your contacts, calendars, etc. between iOS and Android. They require scanning a QR code from one of the phones’s screens. Were you using anything like this?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well then let me know how this happened since you are saying that Apple isn't correct!

I wasn’t there when you set your friends phone up. Therefore I can’t retrace your steps. Somehow somewhere you or your friend have initiated something to achieve this error.

roughrider123

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I wasn’t there when you set your friends phone up. Therefore I can’t retrace your steps. Somehow somewhere you or your friend have initiated something to achieve this error.

Well if we did something I surely don't know what that was because I didn't ask for this help to waste my time or anyone else's for that matter.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
So you don't believe in NFC??

NFC is a technical protocol or standard - not a religion or belief system.

What you describe sounds like a version of the messes my users get into with their personal gear or what the can do when you combine elevated rights with not fully understanding what you are doing.

From what you are typed here I suggest looking at your Google settings and not recycling passwords. My other recommendation is remembering backing up is not just for truck drivers. Make sure all your contacts and information are not going to get wiped out by what you attempt to do.

It is really hard for me to believe this is beyond a relatively simple user mistake. If this were a real and even slightly common problem that applied to all iPhones or Android all of the security info I follow and bulletins from what I manage would mention it fast.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Apple did not say info from your iPhone just magically synced to the Android. The rep said, "...but there are specific steps you would have to take in order to get this communication setup." In other words, for that to happen, it was something YOU did to make it so.
Let us know if you got it all straightened out.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
As a network administrator for decades and where there are 750 employees I feel I've seen it all. I've had staff argue with me about getting other people's information but they were just daft to their being cc'd in same messages and in same groups of social media. I've also had people somehow just set up their accounts on someone else's system.

This seems like a case of misunderstanding and possibly poorly managed credentials.

The using wrong credentials in wrong place error is something I've seen a few times.

Well I've got half a decade on you and 25000+ users. Anytime I hear something like this I get all parties to duplicate the issue in front of me.

Mysteriously the issue can't be duplicated and magically resolves itself.

roughrider123

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
Well I've got half a decade on you and 25000+ users. Anytime I hear something like this I get all parties to duplicate the issue in front of me.

Right i'm a liar and just wasting my time here IM DONE HERE!!

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

Wow, some people get so touchy when they come here posting something that happened and then get replies they don't want to read.

The bottom line is since none of us here were there and witnessed the event, all we can do is give you our own information based on what we have dealt with over the years. Now if that's not good enough for you, then the best of luck in all your future endeavors. If you're truly "done here", as you posted above, and are willing to leave the site just like that, then you were never really here to begin with.

Oh, and I never said you were a liar. If I did I would have said very plainly "Hey roughrider, you're a liar".

But I never said that.

Best of luck to you in the future.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

No one was there with you when it happened and therefore there isn’t a way to prove otherwise.

With that being said, the members who have read your post are trying to make sense out of the situation. Logically, the situation you’ve described simply doesn’t make sense.

Yet, we’ve been around long enough to know that things sometimes happen that cannot be readily explained and your situation may be one of them.

imwjl

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site

Yes, fake news doesn't work in our profession. You have to look outside of your worldview and feelings so you can get the info and solve the problem.

I'm not sure if you're a liar but I'm pretty sure you are not looking at this correctly.

I suggest looking outside of your worldview. You have to look at the data. Millions of iPhones and Android phones with these chipsets and people using the same platforms are within meters, feet and inches of each other all the time. Millions are on same networks at same time. It would be front page news if what you had occur were possible or happened by small percentage points.

You should also consider the platforms here - the phone OS plus the Google user base - are huge. It's 10s to 100s of of millions of people if you look at iCloud, Google & Microsoft as examples. People and news react to things that are small by percentage. We'd all know this problem if it existed.

As two of us with experience have said, this is probably a mistake with your setup, credentials, and/or not fully understanding what you've shared with someone else. I see versions of this problem often and they go away when the people with them do the looking and learning with the right mindset.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner