When i try to open the new tv app in the app store it tells me that i have restrictions turned on and therefore can’t. But it’s not turned on and i have never used any restrictions. Any advise to fix this?
    05-14-2019 11:31 AM
    Yeah its weird. I don't have the app installed, but I can see the settings for it
    and when I go into the App Store it just tells me to open.
    Do a spotlight search for it and see if the app is found. If so, select it and see if it opens. If not, reboot the device to see if it appears or go to the device’s storage settings and then delete it. Afterwards, reinstall the app from the App Store.
    When i try to open the new tv app in the app store it tells me that i have restrictions turned on and therefore can’t. But it’s not turned on and i have never used any restrictions. Any advise to fix this?
    Go to the restrictions section in Settings and enable restrictions, then disable it again and see if it works.
    pkcable likes this.
    05-14-2019 01:36 PM
    Go to the restrictions section in Settings and enable restrictions, then disable it again and see if it works.
    It didn’t. It’s as if the app is already installed but i just can’t open it. Really weird!
    05-14-2019 02:17 PM
    It didn’t. It’s as if the app is already installed but i just can’t open it. Really weird!
    Is your iOS device managed by your employer or school?
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    05-14-2019 02:20 PM
    Is your iOS device managed by your employer or school?
    Its managed by me. And on my other devices (ipad and apple tv) ive had no problem at all. The app just showed up after updating.
    05-14-2019 02:23 PM
    I’m missing something. You stated, “when I try to open the new tv app in the App Store...”.

In a later post, you stated, “ it’s as if the app is already installed...”.

My question is this - Isn’t the app suppose to be installed first before you’re able to open or use it?
    05-14-2019 06:42 PM
    I’m missing something. You stated, “when I try to open the new tv app in the App Store...”.

In a later post, you stated, “ it’s as if the app is already installed...”.

My question is this - Isn’t the app suppose to be installed first before you’re able to open or use it?
    Yeah its weird. I don't have the app installed, but I can see the settings for it
    05-15-2019 07:14 AM
    Do a spotlight search for it and see if the app is found. If so, select it and see if it opens. If not, reboot the device to see if it appears or go to the device’s storage settings and then delete it. Afterwards, reinstall the app from the App Store.
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    05-15-2019 07:18 AM

I found it in the device’s storage settings and deleted it. Now everything works! Thank you!
    Just_Me_D and Tartarus like this.
    05-15-2019 07:21 AM
    I found it in the device’s storage settings and deleted it. Now everything works! Thank you!
    You’re very welcome, sir.
    05-15-2019 07:22 AM
    Best answer marked! Glad you guys got it resolved!
    Just_Me_D and Annie_8plus like this.
    05-15-2019 03:12 PM