How much does it cost to repair an unresponsive iphone 6s

I

iMore Question

my iPhone was turned off and when I took it out of my pocket there was this vertical green line and when I tapped more lines appeared. Then, it suddenly just turned off and I can't get it to turn back on. I didn't drop it. How much do you think it will cost to fix?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
my iPhone was turned off and when I took it out of my pocket there was this vertical green line and when I tapped more lines appeared. Then, it suddenly just turned off and I can't get it to turn back on. I didn't drop it. How much do you think it will cost to fix?

Bring it in to authorized Apple repair service or to an Apple Store and have them give you an awesome price estimate.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Bring it in to authorized Apple repair service or to an Apple Store and have them give you an awesome price estimate.

Let me just go ahead and predict that Apple will inform you that it will cost more to repair the device than the device is worth, and then tell you your only option is to buy a new device, which is what they want you to do anyway. The more new devices they sell goes toward the next "Apple sold XXX new devices in the month of April" news headline.

If you have any repair facilities in your area, regardless of if they are "authorized" or not, get all the estimates you can and then you have to make the decision (1) if you want to get it fixed and (2) where to take it.

I will say that if you do a web search, you may come across a couple of places in the New York area that have a more than 100% success rate on repairing Apple devices.

Just my $0.02.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Find a reputable authorized repair shop, and see what price they quote. An Apple Store will charge too much. You might be better off buying a new iPhone 6s. Check with your carrier and see how much. Verizon has the 6s for $350, or $15 a month for 24 months. Newer models are more.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Let me just go ahead and predict that Apple will inform you that it will cost more to repair the device than the device is worth, and then tell you your only option is to buy a new device, which is what they want you to do anyway. The more new devices they sell goes toward the next "Apple sold XXX new devices in the month of April" news headline.

If you have any repair facilities in your area, regardless of if they are "authorized" or not, get all the estimates you can and then you have to make the decision (1) if you want to get it fixed and (2) where to take it.

I will say that if you do a web search, you may come across a couple of places in the New York area that have a more than 100% success rate on repairing Apple devices.

Just my $0.02.

Nope, for around $300 you can get a new / refurbished device if you choose so.

I did that with my iPhone 7 last year because the screen was cracked and I also needed a battery replacement.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. It's kind of hard to say. It depends if the repair shop charges by the hour or not. So labor is in question, and parts are unknown. It may be best to just call several places, and see what they quote.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Or do it yourself. More than likely it’s just the screen and you can do that for about 20$.

Of course, that is an option... one that I wouldn't choose personally, but I know that people do this successfully, and sometimes not so successfully!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73