Hi, how do I go about iCloud unlocking on iPhones for clean and lost...
    03-30-2019 03:41 AM
    If I’m understanding your question correctly, the only way you can unlock a phone is with the proper credentials.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-30-2019 03:57 AM
    And what are the credentials???

What do I do if a phone is locked to a server other than the one I intend using???
    03-30-2019 04:15 AM

What do I do if a phone is locked to a server other than the one I intend using???
    How does an iPhone get locked to a server? I have never heard of this.

If you are in the possession of iPhones and other devices that were in the Lost and Found section of whatever place, the rightful owner may come and find it.
    If this hasn’t happened for a long time now, you may feel the ownership has carried over to the founder.
    While this may true for many objects and items, it’s never the case for iPhones as they (most of them anyway) are locked by iCloud.

Only the person who knows the credentials will be able to use the device in any capacity.

iCloud lock would have made no sense if it was possible for other people to gain access to locked devices.

Therefore you must accept that you’re holding a very expensive paperweight.
    Just_Me_D and kataran like this.
    03-30-2019 06:47 AM
    How does an iPhone get locked to a server? I have never heard of this.

If you are in the possession of iPhones and other devices that were in the Lost and Found section of whatever place, the rightful owner may come and find it.
    If this hasn’t happened for a long time now, you may feel the ownership has carried over to the founder.
    While this may true for many objects and items, it’s never the case for iPhones as they (most of them anyway) are locked by iCloud.

Only the person who knows the credentials will be able to use the device in any capacity.

iCloud lock would have made no sense if it was possible for other people to gain access to locked devices.

Therefore you must accept that you’re holding a very expensive paperweight.
    ‘Nuf said...
    kataran likes this.
    03-30-2019 08:36 AM
    Credentials include the owner’s username, password, passcode, as well as the correct answers to the security questions that he/she set up their devices. If you don’t know those, then, as @Tartarus said, you have a very expensive paperweight.
    03-30-2019 09:52 AM

I say you return the device to wherever you acquired it as we will not assist in any immoral / unethical / illegal activity.
    03-30-2019 11:17 AM
    OK, what if a phone is locked to a particular network, for instance, it works with only At&t Sims, how do I unlock it to work for any type of SIM???
    03-30-2019 11:24 AM
    OK, what if a phone is locked to a particular network, for instance, it works with only At&t Sims, how do I unlock it to work for any type of SIM???
    The phone / account owner of the AT&T account will need to call in to have the device unlocked.
    03-30-2019 11:28 AM
    Here you go: https://forums.imore.com/e?link=http...token=Dn4d0YNM
    03-30-2019 11:29 AM
    Thank you.
    03-30-2019 11:32 AM
    Either way, you're still going to need information from the device and / or account to unlock it.
    03-30-2019 11:35 AM
    What about if it's locked to Verizon or sprint???
    03-30-2019 11:36 AM
    I would check with both of them to learn how. Again, you’re going to need the proper credentials.
    03-30-2019 01:03 PM
    Verizon devices are already unlocked. The device, however, may or may not have the bands you need to run it with your desired network provider.

Note that the network lock doesn't have anything to do with the iCloud lock.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    03-30-2019 03:39 PM
    Verizon devices are already unlocked. The device, however, may or may not have the bands you need to run it with your desired network provider.

Note that the network lock doesn't have anything to do with the iCloud lock.
    Yep. You can switch networks all you want, but if you cannot provide the username and passcode associated with the iCloud account the phone is tied to then you will not be able to use the device. Period.
    03-30-2019 03:46 PM
    I met a shopkeeper to unlock my phone and I do not what he did as not my phone is dead.
    04-01-2019 06:32 PM
    I met a shopkeeper to unlock my phone and I do not what he did as not my phone is dead.
    I told you nobody else than the owner could disable iCloud lock.
    You’re out of luck.
    Whether the device is working or not doesn’t change the fact that you will not be able to use it.
    04-01-2019 07:26 PM