I have done a lot of research but I still do not know if I should be the base model ($2399) or mid-upgrade ($2799).

I will be using the macbook for:

- Daily research for classes
    - Netflix during free time
    - Listening to music while doing homework or researching
    - Web surf
    - Online streaming for local channels and YouTube videos
    - Amateur photography editing (Lightroom cc)
    - Amateur video editing (GoPro mainly so far, future canon m5 videos). It is basically home videos about family, friends, and trips. Nothing commercial and for youtube.
    - Email, Microsoft, iMessage, FaceTime.

I also do a lot of multitasking while doing homework or researching for something in the web. I have the habit to listen or watch something in the background while doing homework. So I can be writing a paper while running Netflix in the back.

What would you guys recommend? I currently use an iMac 21" 2013 maxed out and it is slow half of the time. I want something portable but with power to run my task and last longer before next upgrade.
    03-20-2019 05:16 PM
    Welcome to iMore. Please feel free to join our forums. I would suggest getting the best you can afford.
    03-21-2019 10:36 AM
    If I may, I would recommend a 13” MacBook Pro for the uses you’ve mentioned, and you may find the smaller size more portable.
    03-21-2019 10:59 AM
    I went with the 256 GB base model 15 inch couldn’t be happier. Got a one gig SSD put it in an enclosure for an external drive for all downloaded content. if you watching a lot of Netflix 15 inch screen, I think you’ll be happy with. Portability is not that bad but then again I am not carrying it around school I’m mostly driving in the car so for me the 15 inch was a better choice.
    03-21-2019 03:15 PM
    I recently got a MacBook 12 inch for personal use. I took it back today, and got the 13 inch MacBook Pro even though I'm a light user now, I will be able to do more on it as my habits change. I do find myself using it more, and more. I use it on my breaks at work, at church, and everywhere else. I think I made the right choice. I even use it to text message, and FaceTime when I'm home, and don't bother reaching for my iPhone.
    03-21-2019 07:11 PM