Need help recovering Notes (linked to gmail) that vanished but are sitll on one iphone offline.

M Prad-Raphael

Mar 17, 2019
Visit site
Hi

I have over 400 notes with graphics that magically disappeared from my iMac last week, i tried looking in the gmail account over chrome but they where not there or in the trash,

i then noticed them still on one of our older iphones i recently changed the password for my gmail account which went offline on the iphone, i want to know how i can back them up or restore them..

Thanks

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I have over 400 notes with graphics that magically disappeared from my iMac last week, i tried looking in the gmail account over chrome but they where not there or in the trash,

i then noticed them still on one of our older iphones i recently changed the password for my gmail account which went offline on the iphone, i want to know how i can back them up or restore them..

Thanks

Welcome to iMore. Help me to understand. You have the graphics on your old iPhone in your gmail account but on your newer iPhone you can't access them because you changed your gmail account password?
If you have them in your gmail, it shouldn't matter what device or password as long as you have access to your gmail.

M Prad-Raphael

Mar 17, 2019
Visit site
No :)

I have notes with graphics that vanished from the google server after upgrading the macbook pro and iphones,

They are not on the gmail server or gmail trash any more,

I read many complaints by users who lost notes during their ios and or osx upgrade, quite frankly im not sure which one caused it for me but they are gone.

I had changed the password of the gmail account linked to the notes the day of the incident but now see that the notes are still on a older iPhone 5's i rarely use,

Been that the notes are gone from the google server and on this iphone 5s which was offline due to me not updating the new password im afraid of using the wifi and 3g now because if it syncs with the google server the notes on the iphone 5s will also vanish,

so im asking if there is a way, a osx app, something, to sync the notes back over somehow to the google server.

Last edited:

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
No :)

I have notes with graphics that vanished from the google server after upgrading the macbook pro and iphones,

They are not on the gmail server or gmail trash any more,

I read many complaints by users who lost notes during their ios and or osx upgrade, quite frankly im not sure which one caused it for me but they are gone.

I had changed the password of the gmail account linked to the notes the day of the incident but now see that the notes are still on a older iPhone 5's i rarely use,

Been that the notes are gone from the google server and on this iphone 5s which was offline due to me not updating the new password im afraid of using the wifi and 3g now because if it syncs with the google server the notes on the iphone 5s will also vanish,

so im asking if there is a way, a osx app, something, to sync the notes back over somehow to the google server.

I've never lost any of my info from any of my email accounts when I upgraded my iOS or iPhone. I'm sure there's a way without losing the info. Hopefully someone will chime in and help. Maybe contact Apple

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Try turning Notes on in Settings> passwords and accounts> gmail
Wait... This is for iPhone. But likely similar on iMac. You might also check in the Notes folder of your Gmail email.