Hi I am curious to know when I search in spotlight on the iPhone for Tim Cook I only see 1 search result for twitter but on iPad I see 3. why is this.

I have pictures below. it is driving me nuts

Thanks.

Twitter Results on Spotlight Search not matching-img_0030.jpgTwitter Results on Spotlight Search not matching-img_0525.jpg
    03-06-2019 07:09 PM
    03-06-2019 07:15 PM
    I just did a spotlight search on Tim Cook to see what I got. My results are different than the ones @samduffy received. This is a screenshot of my results:

Twitter Results on Spotlight Search not matching-spotlight-search-tim-cook.jpg

There was also a link to Tim Cook's Twitter page, but the screenshot cut that off.

Also, here is a link to an iMore article titled "Best uses for Spotlight on iPhone and iPad"
    03-07-2019 03:29 PM
    thanks Annie so is the twitter results for you for. a search of Tim Cook showing more than 1 result. on my iPhone I am seeing 1 twitter result and iPad 3/4 twitter results and the Mac 1 again

thanks
    03-07-2019 11:04 PM
    thanks Annie so is the twitter results for you for. a search of Tim Cook showing more than 1 result. on my iPhone, I am seeing 1 twitter result and iPad 3/4 twitter results and the Mac 1 again

thanks
    Well, the results are definitely erratic! I did the search three times, by typing Tim Cook into the Spotlight Search. Each time, under Twitter, Tim Cook showed up. But then there were other Twitter accounts that were completely unrelated to Tim Cook or to Apple. This is definitely very strange!

Twitter Results on Spotlight Search not matching-tim-cook-spotlight.jpg
    03-08-2019 10:33 AM
    Yeah that’s the same with me. It may be a bug within spotlight search or maybe a Space thing on the iPhone I dunno it is weird indeed
    03-08-2019 11:15 AM
    I think I discovered what's going on when you view something on twitter on iPhone it doesn't sync to iPad so you when u do a spotlight search for that thing on iPad for example it wont show unless u go back into the twitter app search for that thing again come out and then research on iPad and it should be there. so it doesn't sync over iCloud so if you look at 10 things related to Tim Cook on your iPhone these should show when you type his name into spotlight search on iPhone but wont show on iPad as they dont sync over iCloud at least not for me I have to go in and re search each one again if I want it to appear in spotlight search
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    03-14-2019 11:40 PM