Do you think a protective case that is able to cool your phone battery, and also prolong the life of the battery is a good idea? Do the have any? My phone keeps getting overheated and the battery drains. This happens if I am working out, or playing games. Does anyone make a case for this problem? If they do where can I get it.
    03-06-2019 03:26 PM
    Hello and welcome to iMore. I have no experience with cooling cases but have seen some on Amazon.
    03-06-2019 03:42 PM
    Welcome to iMore. I don't have any experiences with my iPhones ever getting that "hot", maybe a little warm but nothing to be concerned about battery damage from excessive heat.
    Annie_M likes this.
    03-06-2019 03:51 PM
    Well playing games will definitely drain the battery and make the phone a little warm, but I wouldn't call it hot. What games are you playing and how long are you playing them?

And when you're working out, are you inside a health facility on LTE with weak signal? That will heat up a phone and drain a battery quick.
    kataran, Annie_M and Just_Me_D like this.
    03-06-2019 05:27 PM
    Welcome to iMore

I’ve seen some cases that claim to cool off your device but in my opinion it’s the case itself that adds to the heat. Try playing your games with no case and see if that makes any difference
    Annie_M likes this.
    03-06-2019 09:40 PM
    Adding a case would not help with the heat issue in any case. If it's a plastic/rubberized material,you would not feel the heat easily and when you would, it would be much more without the case.
    Leather/fabric cases on the other hand would allow for easier heat dissipation through you feeling the heat much quicker in your hand, but then again, that does not help with cooling.

I came across some solutions, but they employ fans for cooling and having a fan 10 inches from your face would be a less than ideal experience while on an iPhone.
    Look at the possibility of limiting background apps. That whould be a better solution, but the phone will get hot again. Best you can hope for is using a case that does not allow heat through too quickly, and can maintain it's life in the process. For this purpose, leather cases have been good enough in my experience.
    03-12-2019 05:08 AM