iCloud Drive

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
I am stumped as to how and why this happened. When I scan files on scanner pro. I always save the files to Google Drive, and iCloud Drive.
For some odd reason, through no fault of my own.
Every file, I saved in iCloud Drive is completely gone.
There isn’t even an option to save it to iCloud Drive. What could have possibly happened to have all these files deleted? Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There should be a “save to files” option when you select the share feature within the Scanner Pro app.

As for your files, are they not visible in the Files app?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
There should be a “save to files” option when you select the share feature within the Scanner Pro app.

As for your files, are they not visible in the Files app?

No sir, everything that was saved in the files app is completely gone.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No sir, everything that was saved in the files app is completely gone.

Oh dang. That is definitely not normal and should not be happening. If you login to iCloud on a computer, are the files present or are they gone from there, too?

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I can't speak for scanner pro, but I've been using Scanbot for a long time (got the license via #TmobileTuesday ) and I've never had any files or folders delete without me being the one deleting them.

Now the only thing I can think of is if....IF....the app developer took out iCloud storage in an update, then the app may.....MAY have deleted it from iCloud. But that would be very odd.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Oh dang. That is definitely not normal and should not be happening. If you login to iCloud on a computer, are the files present or are they gone from there, too?

I don’t have a computer, but I will try and use my buddies when I see them this weekend.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Well I can't speak for scanner pro, but I've been using Scanbot for a long time (got the license via #TmobileTuesday ) and I've never had any files or folders delete without me being the one deleting them.

Now the only thing I can think of is if....IF....the app developer took out iCloud storage in an update, then the app may.....MAY have deleted it from iCloud. But that would be very odd.

I do know something happened. And I am not happy about it, there were important files saved.
Luckily they are also in Google Drive.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I do know something happened. And I am not happy about it, there were important files saved.

Well don't depend solely on cloud sources. If the documents are THAT important, then you need to make sure they are also saved to a physical storage device somewhere, which also includes a safety deposit box. :)

As a photographer, I keep all my photos on a NAS in my home that's also being backed up with Backblaze. I also keep a portable HD in my bag that I sync to my NAS anytime I return from a photo gig. There are no less than 3 sources for me to get an image from in case of catastrophe.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Well don't depend solely on cloud sources. If the documents are THAT important, then you need to make sure they are also saved to a physical storage device somewhere, which also includes a safety deposit box. :)

As a photographer, I keep all my photos on a NAS in my home that's also being backed up with Backblaze. I also keep a portable HD in my bag that I sync to my NAS anytime I return from a photo gig. There are no less than 3 sources for me to get an image from in case of catastrophe.
I will go the hard drive route when I Purchase my MacBook.
Paper to me is unnecessary clutter, in the meantime. I’ll continue to investigate what happened to the files.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site

Thank goodness for that. I would want to find out what happened as well. But saving important documents and files in multiple places is a great idea. I was talking to a professor who was in the process of writing a new book a few years back. He would burn several CD-Rs after every writing session. He kept one hidden in his car, one hidden in his office at work. One with a trusted family member, one in his briefcase, and of course one at home. He did this every single time. He must have purchased hundreds of CD-R's.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thank goodness for that. I would want to find out what happened as well. But saving important documents and files in multiple places is a great idea. I was talking to a professor who was in the process of writing a new book a few years back. He would burn several CD-Rs after every writing session. He kept one hidden in his car, one hidden in his office at work. One with a trusted family member, one in his briefcase, and of course one at home. He did this every single time. He must have purchased hundreds of CD-R's.

I blame iCloud, but it’s files under the bridge.

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Well, it happened again. Maybe it’s an iOS 13 bug, or maybe not. I go into my files app, and all the files were either blank, or corrupted.
It’s time to start using Google Drive and Dropbox. I cannot understand why this keeps happening, thanks Apple.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, it happened again. Maybe it’s an iOS 13 bug, or maybe not. I go into my files app, and all the files were either blank, or corrupted.
It’s time to start using Google Drive and Dropbox. I cannot understand why this keeps happening, thanks Apple.

I don’t blame you, and I would do the same if it happened to me. Did you ever contact Apple Support to get their take on the matter?

joemd60

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks D, that’s my next step. I know it’s nothing I am doing, so I am stumped. I just have to find the right contact info.
What bugs me the most, the two voicemail files I have saved from my Mom.
Being in her 80’s, those voicemails are very very important to me. I would hate to lose them for whatever reason is going on with iCloud Drive.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2