My iPhone won't turn off and is stuck on white apple screen?

I

iMore Question

Okay, so I have an iPhone 6s and at 1 pm today I had shut it down because it was acting a little glitchy (I can't remember what exactly, something along the lines of my contacts not showing up but that's probably not important and not unusual for my phone to do) and when I turned it on again a few moments later, it went to the white apple screen. However, it is now 5 pm and my phone still hasn't changed.
I tried turning it off (just the power button) and shutting it down (power and home), but both of them have failed; shutting it down resulted in a few seconds of black and then the phone turning itself back on. The white screen doesn't have any loading bar and every now and then, the screen will turn off for a few seconds before turning back on again and returning to its previous white screen.
My phone, like I said before, is a 6s; I don't know what ios it is, but I have not updated the phone in a long time due to lack of storage. I also do not have anything to do with iTunes (I'm mentioning this because I keep seeing people talking about it but I have never used it) and I don't have my own computer, only my schools Chromebooks which I'm not allowed to download things onto.

Uhm, update! Literally, as I'm writing this the phone's screen when black and it hasn't turned itself back on (YAY!) I'm not sure if it died or what, but I'm afraid to hit any of the buttons now
...so, what do you recommend I do now?

Also, if I get stuck on the white apple screen again, what should I do? Specific, detailed instructions are the best, but anything is helpful

Thankyou for reading! I hope you're able to help

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
and shutting it down (power and home),

How long did you hold these two buttons down? I would plug the phone into a power source since you aren’t able to see how much charge it has. If it doesn’t turn itself on within five minutes, try another hard reset by holding the power & home buttons down for a good 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears. If it doesn’t appear within 45 seconds at most, then you’ll have to bring it to an Apple store if you aren’t able to perform a DFU restore through iTunes.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
If you’re saying that your iPhone is now working normally again, then great. We’re happy for you and we appreciate the update. As for what may have caused the original issue? A glitch, corrupt file or app, possibly, but I do not know.

As for what to do if it happens again? Either wait it out or make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Store.

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
If you’re saying that your iPhone is now working normally again, then great. We’re happy for you and we appreciate the update. As for what may have caused the original issue? A glitch, corrupt file or app, possibly, but I do not know.

As for what to do if it happens again? Either wait it out or make a Genius Bar appointment with the nearest Store.
I'd do a factory reset to new. That will not only clear out any cobwebs, but give you a fresh updated iOS to work with.
Still experiencing issues after that ... Most likely time for a new phone ...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I'd do a factory reset to new. That will not only clear out any cobwebs, but give you a fresh updated iOS to work with.
Still experiencing issues after that ... Most likely time for a new phone ...

That is exactly what I’d do...

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
In addition to all that has been said, I'd like to add a hearty welcome to iMore. It would be great if you registered for an account here at iMore, so that we can continue to follow up with you about your current situation. It's free, and easy to do. Click here to learn how!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR