AirPods Pro deal at Amazon: Save $52 for a limited time!

If I delete photos In the folder on my pc that is used to upload from to iCloud, will they delete from iCloud itself? I want to dump all my photos on iCloud and delete them off my pc, (I have them physically backed up elsewhere), to create space on my pc. But will they delete from iCloud too? Are the folders synced?

Fairly new to the apple ecosystem so still trying to get my head around things.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    02-26-2019 06:59 AM
    If I delete photos In the folder on my pc that is used to upload from to iCloud, will they delete from iCloud itself? I want to dump all my photos on iCloud and delete them off my pc, (I have them physically backed up elsewhere), to create space on my pc. But will they delete from iCloud too? Are the folders synced?

Fairly new to the apple ecosystem so still trying to get my head around things.

Thanks in advance for your help.
    In theory, yes, deleting photos and videos from iCloud folder on a PC will also delete them from iCloud.

If you really want to save space, simply disable iCloud Music Library in iCloud for Windows Settings. That way you can safely delete them from your PC.

If you need to save newer photos and videos to your PC, just login in iCloud on iCloud.com and save them that way.
    Last edited by Tartarus; 02-26-2019 at 08:04 AM.
    Monkeemunch and Annie_M like this.
    02-26-2019 07:16 AM
    Great! Thank you so much for your help, perfect answer!
    Annie_M likes this.
    02-26-2019 07:18 AM
    By the way, welcome to iMore! It's good to have you here!
    Monkeemunch likes this.
    02-26-2019 07:58 AM
    Sorry, another question!

You mention disabling iCloud music library, where is that found, in the iCloud settings or in the settings in iTunes?

Thanks
    03-01-2019 03:43 AM
    If you delete your photos from the PC they will not be deleted from the Icloud and similarly if you delete your photos from icloud they won.'t get deleted from your PC.
    03-01-2019 06:06 AM
    If you delete your photos from the PC they will not be deleted from the Icloud and similarly if you delete your photos from icloud they won.'t get deleted from your PC.
    My experience is different.
    03-01-2019 06:27 AM
    Sorry, another question!

You mention disabling iCloud music library, where is that found, in the iCloud settings or in the settings in iTunes?

Thanks
    It’s on your computer, the app is called iCloud for Windows in which you can disable iCloud Photo Library
    Monkeemunch likes this.
    03-01-2019 06:27 AM
    I thought if I deleted them from the sync folder on my pc then they also delete from iCloud?
    03-01-2019 10:26 AM