iCloud photo upload on windows

Monkeemunch

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
If I delete photos In the folder on my pc that is used to upload from to iCloud, will they delete from iCloud itself? I want to dump all my photos on iCloud and delete them off my pc, (I have them physically backed up elsewhere), to create space on my pc. But will they delete from iCloud too? Are the folders synced?

Fairly new to the apple ecosystem so still trying to get my head around things.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If I delete photos In the folder on my pc that is used to upload from to iCloud, will they delete from iCloud itself? I want to dump all my photos on iCloud and delete them off my pc, (I have them physically backed up elsewhere), to create space on my pc. But will they delete from iCloud too? Are the folders synced?

Fairly new to the apple ecosystem so still trying to get my head around things.

Thanks in advance for your help.

In theory, yes, deleting photos and videos from iCloud folder on a PC will also delete them from iCloud.

If you really want to save space, simply disable iCloud Music Library in iCloud for Windows Settings. That way you can safely delete them from your PC.

If you need to save newer photos and videos to your PC, just login in iCloud on iCloud.com and save them that way.

Last edited:

Monkeemunch

Feb 26, 2019
Visit site
Sorry, another question!

You mention disabling iCloud music library, where is that found, in the iCloud settings or in the settings in iTunes?

Thanks

happycool

Feb 28, 2019
Visit site
If you delete your photos from the PC they will not be deleted from the Icloud and similarly if you delete your photos from icloud they won.'t get deleted from your PC.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sorry, another question!

You mention disabling iCloud music library, where is that found, in the iCloud settings or in the settings in iTunes?

Thanks

It’s on your computer, the app is called iCloud for Windows in which you can disable iCloud Photo Library

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods