unable to transfer contacts to new iPhone XR from iPhone 6s
    02-25-2019 02:35 AM
    Hello and welcome to iMore, it's nice to have you here. You may want to consider signing up for an account here at iMore. This will enable us to connect with you better so that we can help you. Here's how to sign up.

In regards to your question, click this link. You will be taken to an iMore article about how to transfer your data from an old iPhone to a new iPhone.

Hope this helps. Please keep us posted on how you are doing.
    02-25-2019 09:14 AM
    If nothing else, it might help to take your phones to a store and see if the agent can do it. My husband was so attached to his 5s it took forever to get him to upgrade. The associate at the store we went to was able to transfer everything quickly and easily and we walked out with his new phone up and running.
    Annie_M and bakron1 like this.
    02-25-2019 02:40 PM
    If nothing else, it might help to take your phones to a store and see if the agent can do it. My husband was so attached to his 5s it took forever to get him to upgrade. The associate at the store we went to was able to transfer everything quickly and easily and we walked out with his new phone up and running.
    That is very true! They can often do transfers a lot faster than we can. So it’s definitely worth looking into
    bakron1 likes this.
    02-25-2019 05:00 PM
    If he regularly backed up his 6s to iCloud then his contacts would be saved and easily restored to his new device.
    scruffypig likes this.
    02-25-2019 10:11 PM
    You should really think about using iCloud as a backup service. You can easily sync your contacts, emails, etc by having this toggled on. The only downside is the storage is only 5gb without paying. But as far as your contacts you should be okay.
    02-27-2019 12:00 AM
    For this, you need to do an app syncing which you need to require to enable my "backup my data". After which you need to go to the settings and turn on auto-sync data which will automatically lead to sync data and simply the list will be available in the next phone.
    02-27-2019 06:12 AM
    unable to transfer contacts to new iPhone XR from iPhone 6s
    I'd say your easiest solution will be to take both devices to an Apple store (if you are close to one) and have the genius' do it.
    02-27-2019 07:27 AM
    I'd say your easiest solution will be to take both devices to an Apple store (if you are close to one) and have the genius' do it.
    That’s what I do, but I’m only ten minutes from an Apple store door to door
    02-28-2019 11:27 AM
    upload your contacts to icloud on your old phone. After that open the same Icloud id in your new phone and extract your
    uploaded contacts from there into your new phone.
    03-01-2019 06:19 AM