How do I unlock my phone?

Alexis Lenora

Feb 23, 2019
Visit site
I have the iphone 6s+ and when I woke up this morning I couldn't type on the top half of my screen so I held down the power button and home button until I saw the apple logo, then when my phone turned back on I was still unable to use the top half and I cannot type in my passcode or get into my phone

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. Sounds like something is wrong with the screen physically. @Annie_8plus has the right idea...take it to an Apple store, where they can check out the screen or what ever else may be causing issues.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Before contacting Apple Support, try Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

If that does not work, you need to restore your iPhone as new, not from a back up. If the restore doesn't help, then your issue may be hardware related. But I'm guessing there's some corruption in the software.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Before contacting Apple Support, try Reset All Settings.

Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

If that does not work, you need to restore your iPhone as new, not from a back up. If the restore doesn't help, then your issue may be hardware related. But I'm guessing there's some corruption in the software.

It’s a little hard to reset all Settings on a device that is unresponsive to any touches.

OP should try to put the iPhone into DFU mode and restore through iTunes on a Mac or PC.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It’s a little hard to reset all Settings on a device that is unresponsive to any touches.

OP should try to put the iPhone into DFU mode and restore through iTunes on a Mac or PC.

Yeah, I guess it would be difficult. Restore via DFU is the best option. But the OP didn't say all touches were unresponsive. Only issues with the top half of the screen.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods