Is Find My Friends ever unreliable?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It’s easy. I type whatever description of the link I feel is most fitting, then highlight it, tap the URL link button and then paste in the link I want to share.

Do you mean the URL link button (bb code) in TapaTalk? I noticed you had quotation marks around the subject of the original link. Are those used in all links? Maybe you could make a guide, complete with screenshots, arrows, and step by step instructions for dummies like me.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Do you mean the URL link button (bb code) in TapaTalk? I noticed you had quotation marks around the subject of the original link. Are those used in all links? Maybe you could make a guide, complete with screenshots, arrows, and step by step instructions for dummies like me.

Quotation marks aren’t necessary.

And here is your guide
https://www.phpbb.com/community/help/bbcode

And yes, I’m awesome

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I’m sure you use the web browser for that.
I solely use Tapatalk for iMore.

Yes, you're right I do! And just yesterday, I noticed the difference when I tried to share a link from my iPad. It definitely was not as "easy" as it is from a web browser! :D

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you're right I do! And just yesterday, I noticed the difference when I tried to share a link from my iPad. It definitely was not as "easy" as it is from a web browser! :D

In post #18 , I did my "TEST" in TapaTalk. It wasn't that difficult once I knew how to construct it. Probably not as quick and fluid as your way though. I've added what I need to my KuaiBoard keyboard. That'll save a little time. Thanks for your help.

I'll probably get banned for hijacking this thread.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Speaking from experience, when my son was in high school, GPS signal had a hard time penetrating the schools block wall, so most of the time when he was at school, I got location not available. Didn't really worry about it too much as all the other parents were dealing with the same things. :)

However, as the bill paying adult, I would take his phone at any given time and do a phone inspection. He had no choice in the matter. I suggest you do the same. And if they give you any flack about handing it over, then there's probably a reason for that.

In theory this is a good idea, but remember that some kids are pretty tech savvy and this can also teach the kids how to be more secretive and protective over their privacy by finding ways to circumvent your searches, hide things more discreetly or delete any incriminating data on their device. Working in wireless for 10 years previously, you'd be amazed at how sneaky kids can be.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
In theory this is a good idea, but remember that some kids are pretty tech savvy and this can also teach the kids how to be more secretive and protective over their privacy by finding ways to circumvent your searches, hide things more discreetly or delete any incriminating data on their device. Working in wireless for 10 years previously, you'd be amazed at how sneaky kids can be.

Then said child loses smartphone, and maybe....MAYBE gets a flip phone in return.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
If they're good, you'll never know that they are covering their tracks lol.

If they THINK they're good, they'll never suspect the parent is on to them.

That's the great thing about being a parent.....I can ALWAYS tell when I'm not being told the complete truth.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Funny story... my twin nieces who are somewhat immature for their 18 years, have an app on their iphones (at their parent's insistence) that allows their parents to track them when they are driving, how fast they are going, etc. Now, both girls are very nervous drivers and never go over the speed limit. The funny thing about this app is that it's reciprocal... and they can see where their parents are, how fast they are driving, etc.

Well, my sister in law drives like a mad woman... and they have called her on this numerous times, many times at family gatherings where the embarrassment factor is greater! :laughing:

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
If they THINK they're good, they'll never suspect the parent is on to them.

That's the great thing about being a parent.....I can ALWAYS tell when I'm not being told the complete truth.

:beer:
That's good. All parents aren't as savvy as you.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
In this day and age, it is imperative that parents get serious as learn. There are too many bad actors out there.

Sure...but all parent's have never been aware of everything their kids do. We were all kids once. And I know for a fact that me and my friends got away with things that our parent's never knew about. In fact, in my adult years I've admitted to a lot of minor things I'd gotten away with and we all laugh about it now. In no way, shape or form will I, personally, ever be naive enough to think that my kids can't and won't ever get away with something that I'm not aware of. And my only point initially was that some behaviors from parents can lead to other behaviors in kids. I've seen it first hand as it relates to how secretive kids can be with their phones. These kids are smart.

And that leads right into your point that parents NEED to smarten up. If you're up to par and have absolutely nothing to worry about with your kids, that's awesome. Not all parents are like that, though.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
Sure...but all parent's have never been aware of everything their kids do. We were all kids once. And I know for a fact that me and my friends got away with things that our parent's never knew about. In fact, in my adult years I've admitted to a lot of minor things I'd gotten away with and we all laugh about it now. In no way, shape or form will I, personally, ever be naive enough to think that my kids can't and won't ever get away with something that I'm not aware of. And my only point initially was that some behaviors from parents can lead to other behaviors in kids. I've seen it first hand as it relates to how secretive kids can be with their phones. These kids are smart.

And that leads right into your point that parents NEED to smarten up. If you're up to par and have absolutely nothing to worry about with your kids, that's awesome. Not all parents are like that, though.

There is always something to worry about, but that doesn’t excuse burying head in the sand.