Checking battery health with no Sim?

Shimmy100

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. Here's my situation. I currently have a 4S with Apple id. Unlocked. I have just ordered a used unlocked 6s from reputable seller. My existing 4s sim (micro) is snappable down to Nano sim for the 6s, but I don't want to do that until I have checked battery health on the 6s. Is this possible please?
Ta

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi all. Here's my situation. I currently have a 4S with Apple id. Unlocked. I have just ordered a used unlocked 6s from reputable seller. My existing 4s sim (micro) is snappable down to Nano sim for the 6s, but I don't want to do that until I have checked battery health on the 6s. Is this possible please?
Ta

You can snap the Nano Sim back in micro Sim format.
I do this all the time when I’m switching devices.

As for checking the battery status, if the 6S comes installed and working you can check the battery status, if it’s reset and you have to set up the device and activate it you’ll need the nano SIM card inserted in the 6S.

Shimmy100

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Thanks Tartarus! Forgive me but I'm a complete newbie with iphone. I've had the 4s for 6yrs and its been faultless so I've never had to learn about anything. What do you mean by 'comes installed'? The operating system? Thanks for the tip about reforming the sim snap. I wondered if I could do that.

Then my next queries are going to be about my apple id? Do I use this on the replacement phone? I've no idea?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thanks Tartarus! Forgive me but I'm a complete newbie with iphone. I've had the 4s for 6yrs and its been faultless so I've never had to learn about anything. What do you mean by 'comes installed'? The operating system? Thanks for the tip about reforming the sim snap. I wondered if I could do that.

Then my next queries are going to be about my apple id? Do I use this on the replacement phone? I've no idea?

‘Comes installed’ means in this case that the previous user has not reset the device. If that’s the case, you can open the Settings app and check the battery status yourself.

If the device was reset, you will have to set it up. I recommend you to go to iCloud in Settings, and perform a iCloud Backup on the 4S.

Then put your SIM card in the 6S and when prompted choose to install from a iCloud backup.

As for the Apple ID, it’s best to keep using the same Apple ID on all your Apple devices now and in the future. That way you don’t have to start from scratch each time.

Shimmy100

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Thanks again Tartarus. I'm sure the 6s will come completely wiped, so option 2 you describe is the method I need. Thank you. And yes, I will back up my old 4s before fiddling. Re Apple id...I realise now Apple id is not linked to the phone. So I will keep my existing. I was thinking for some reason it was linked to the phone. Thanks for your help. I'm sure I'll be back here shortly! I loved the 4s. I kept it on ios 7 ignoring offers to update it. I think that helped keep it going so well. I will be interested to see how much better the 6s is with 4G as I have only 3G with the 4s. Ta.

Shimmy100

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Hi Tarturus and all. I received my pre used iphone 6s from a reputable seller. Don't know if I can mention the name. To give me a choice I ordered 2. One is in a pretty dreadful state. The other, which I am setting up, is excellent condition. My next task is to assess the battery health, which at the mo I cannot do as it is running ios 11.2.5. The battery health was introduced at 11.3. So my query is, should I update ios? And if so, which ios is best for iphone 6s? Thank you.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi Tarturus and all. I received my pre used iphone 6s from a reputable seller. Don't know if I can mention the name. To give me a choice I ordered 2. One is in a pretty dreadful state. The other, which I am setting up, is excellent condition. My next task is to assess the battery health, which at the mo I cannot do as it is running ios 11.2.5. The battery health was introduced at 11.3. So my query is, should I update ios? And if so, which ios is best for iphone 6s? Thank you.

iOS 12 fares better on older devices in comparison to iOS 11.
You should definitely upgrade.

Shimmy100

Feb 6, 2019
Visit site
Thank you Tarturus. Appreciated. Loving the 6s btw. Just one small thing, despite backing up old iphone and then restoring onto the new, for some reason in iphone contacts some names were missing, whilst still showing in the old phone. I have a feeling this glitch may be linked to the whatsapp contacts. Messing about, I managed to sync the old phone to the new, so theyre both missing the contacts now! Doh! No biggy as they are there in whatsapp but as numbers not names. Any thoughts? Regards Shimmy

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Tarturus. Appreciated. Loving the 6s btw. Just one small thing, despite backing up old iphone and then restoring onto the new, for some reason in iphone contacts some names were missing, whilst still showing in the old phone. I have a feeling this glitch may be linked to the whatsapp contacts. Messing about, I managed to sync the old phone to the new, so theyre both missing the contacts now! Doh! No biggy as they are there in whatsapp but as numbers not names. Any thoughts? Regards Shimmy

Long story short, those contacts weren’t saved into iCloud. There are multiple possible reasons for that.

Your best bet is to ask the nameless contacts in WhatsApp who they are

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods