I appreciate the article on this topic, but I don't think it addresses the situation I am interested in. My wife has an Apple Watch (series 2, I think) and an IPhone 7. She likes the watch for telling time and keeping track of activity (steps, heart, etc), but does not appreciate having it annoy her with message and email alerts. We haven't been able to discover how to disable sound and haptics on the watch AND have them come on the IPhone as they always did before the watch. She never wants to use the watch for responding to messages or email (or probably use as a phone either), but rather just continue using the phone. Perhaps she shouldn't have the watch, but rather another wearable such as a fitbit, but we tried that and weren't happy with it.
    01-30-2019 11:52 AM
    I appreciate the article on this topic, but I don't think it addresses the situation I am interested in. My wife has an Apple Watch (series 2, I think) and an IPhone 7. She likes the watch for telling time and keeping track of activity (steps, heart, etc), but does not appreciate having it annoy her with message and email alerts. We haven't been able to discover how to disable sound and haptics on the watch AND have them come on the IPhone as they always did before the watch. She never wants to use the watch for responding to messages or email (or probably use as a phone either), but rather just continue using the phone. Perhaps she shouldn't have the watch, but rather another wearable such as a fitbit, but we tried that and weren't happy with it.
    On the iPhone, go to the Watch app, in the My Watch Tab go to General > Notifications and disable all notifications per app.
    That way your iPhone will get all the notifications as like before the Watch.
    Just_Me_D and Annie_M like this.
    01-30-2019 01:39 PM
    Thanks, it worked!
    Just_Me_D, Annie_M and Tartarus like this.
    01-30-2019 06:37 PM