Deleted app keeps wanting to update

SWFLFFPM

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I am using a MBA on Mojave 10.14.2.

I installed Malwarebytes for the trial period and then uninstalled it.

The uninstall process did not remove the icon in the menubar and because of that (I presume) I am getting reminders to update the program. When I click on that icon it says there is no application/search the app store etc.

Tried reinstalling the program then turning off the menu bar icon but that didn't work. It seems like it is tied to the old uninstalled version. There is no "Malwarebytes" found in spotlight search or Finder.

Any ideas how to get rid of it?

trw1602

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2014
Visit site
Try redownloading it and opening the app bundle by right clicking and choosing Open in the context menu. There may be an uninstaller in there.

Malwarebytes is quite invasive but it’s nice to have for occasional checks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I am using a MBA on Mojave 10.14.2.

I installed Malwarebytes for the trial period and then uninstalled it.

The uninstall process did not remove the icon in the menubar and because of that (I presume) I am getting reminders to update the program. When I click on that icon it says there is no application/search the app store etc.

Tried reinstalling the program then turning off the menu bar icon but that didn't work. It seems like it is tied to the old uninstalled version. There is no "Malwarebytes" found in spotlight search or Finder.

Any ideas how to get rid of it?

If you haven’t already, unhide the hidden folders and files and then try searching for the remnants again.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73