Battery life draining fast after someone tried to open phone

I

iMore Question

I was trying to get my charging port replaced after I damaged it with water. It wasn't that badly damaged though. Anyway, I gave it to a guy who tried to open it with his fingernail and a suction cup. He failed for 5 minutes and damaged my home button somehow. The home button is depressed too far. Now my battery life drains by 1% every time I do anything. It wasn't like this before the guy ****ed with my phone.

I ordered a home button replacement, a charging port, and a repair kit so I can fix my phone myself. Are there any other parts I should order like maybe a new screen? The screen seems to have lost some sensitivity too, but maybe it's in my head. If I fix my home button and charging port then will my battery life improve?

I'm in Vietnam, so I don't think I can just send my phone to Apple for repairs. That's expensive anyway.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Hard to say considering your phone has water damage and was opened by a third party using a suction cup and a fingernail. Keep in mind if you replace a home button on an iPhone with Touch ID yourself you will most likely lose Touch ID on that device. That type of repair can only be done by Apple.
If you have any follow up questions please join up and reply back in this thread. You should also review our Community Rules & Guidelines.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I was trying to get my charging port replaced after I damaged it with water. It wasn't that badly damaged though. Anyway, I gave it to a guy who tried to open it with his fingernail and a suction cup. He failed for 5 minutes and damaged my home button somehow. The home button is depressed too far. Now my battery life drains by 1% every time I do anything. It wasn't like this before the guy ****ed with my phone.

I ordered a home button replacement, a charging port, and a repair kit so I can fix my phone myself. Are there any other parts I should order like maybe a new screen? The screen seems to have lost some sensitivity too, but maybe it's in my head. If I fix my home button and charging port then will my battery life improve?

I'm in Vietnam, so I don't think I can just send my phone to Apple for repairs. That's expensive anyway.

If the phone has water damages, I recommend you make plans to purchase an new phone. Letting “a guy” attempt to open the device in the manner you stated is your fault, especially if the guy isn’t an authorized Apple repair person.

Check with your wireless carrier for repair shop recommendations, if applicable.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I understand that sending it to Apple would be difficult and expensive, but your phone is expensive too. So in the future, when something like this happens, I would definitely try and find an authorized Apple repair person. For now, however, I think a new iPhone is a better option. Here is a list of sellers in Vietnam, which I found on Apple's site.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW