Moment battery case vs. Apple Smart Battery Case

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I was wondering since the Moment battery case is MFI certified, does it acted the same way the Apple battery case does? Wondering if it has the intelligent battery display? Here’s a link back to the iPhone 6/6s case and how it’s smart.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.imore.com/heres-what-makes-apples-battery-case-so-smart?amp

Pretty sure on what I've read up on the Moment battery case is that it's going to be the equivalent of plugging your phone into a wall charger. It will not display the battery juice in the Battery Widget nor act as an extension of your current battery like the Smart Case does.

Your iPhone will know it is plugged into a Smart Battery Case so you will get those features, plus your phone remains in "mobile mode". In other words, when your phone is using the Smart Battery Case it won't immediately start doing battery intensive processes such as indexing or iCloud backups while connected to Wifi because it knows it is not plugged into a wall. If any other battery case (including the Moment case) is put on your iPhone and switched on, your iPhone will immediately think it is plugged into a wall and start processes like that.

I like to think of those battery cases as external charging. The Smart Battery Case I see as an extension of your already existing battery.

rellyrellz

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Pretty sure on what I've read up on the Moment battery case is that it's going to be the equivalent of plugging your phone into a wall charger. It will not display the battery juice in the Battery Widget nor act as an extension of your current battery like the Smart Case does.

Your iPhone will know it is plugged into a Smart Battery Case so you will get those features, plus your phone remains in "mobile mode". In other words, when your phone is using the Smart Battery Case it won't immediately start doing battery intensive processes such as indexing or iCloud backups while connected to Wifi because it knows it is not plugged into a wall. If any other battery case (including the Moment case) is put on your iPhone and switched on, your iPhone will immediately think it is plugged into a wall and start processes like that.

I like to think of those battery cases as external charging. The Smart Battery Case I see as an extension of your already existing battery.

Thank you. All I wanted to know! Appreciate it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2