iPhone battery case uses case battery then the phones battery?

I

iMore Question

1-Hi, the new Iphone Smart Battery case seems to use the case's battery first then when its low switches to the phones internal battery is that the way it should work? I thought it uses the phones internal then when that battery is low the case battery kicks in to charge the phone.

2-The upper right hand corner of the phone battery icon always shows that the battery is charging with case on is that normal?

anon(2254645)

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
1-Hi, the new Iphone Smart Battery case seems to use the case's battery first then when its low switches to the phones internal battery is that the way it should work? I thought it uses the phones internal then when that battery is low the case battery kicks in to charge the phone.

2-The upper right hand corner of the phone battery icon always shows that the battery is charging with case on is that normal?

Re: Your first question: The case battery is depleted first. At that point, the phone's battery takes over. Under normal circumstances you'll always see 100% on the phone's battery unless you really put a heavy load on it or go longer than a day without charging.

As far as battery icon showing charging with the case on, my Xs case does show the charging icon. It never did that when my 6 or 7 cases were on (as far as I can remember). Must be something new?