I have had 5 iPhones and iPads over the years and every last one of them has never capitalized my sister's first name, ever. Her name is Carol. I have never done anything about it but have noticed that other names are always capitalized automatically. What's wrong with Carol that I always have to manually capitalize it??
    01-16-2019 03:31 PM
    Question: Are you typing her name in an email or a text? Is Carol listed in your contacts and is it capitalized there?
    01-16-2019 03:45 PM
    Not sure why that’s happening to you but you can override it by setting a text replacement for the word Carol by going to

Settings>General>Keyboard>Text Replacement

And setup a shortcut with the capital C in her name
    Annie_8plus likes this.
    01-16-2019 11:07 PM
    This happens with my sister’s name in texts, emails, when typing documents, basically anywhere I can type her name. The name Carole however is capitalized every time. Go figure. It’s no big deal, just one of those curious things that I’ve noticed.
    01-21-2019 12:08 PM
    This happens with my sister’s name in texts, emails, when typing documents, basically anywhere I can type her name. The name Carole however is capitalized every time. Go figure. It’s no big deal, just one of those curious things that I’ve noticed.
    More than likely the system is associating “carol” with a type of song instead of a name. I get the same results you’re getting.
    01-21-2019 12:27 PM
    I would also try to reset your keyboard dictionary. Settings > General > Reset > Keyboard
    01-21-2019 12:39 PM
    The carol, as in Christmas carol, was my guess as to why also. I did change my keyboard as others have suggested and all’s good. Thanks to all who replied.
    01-21-2019 12:52 PM
    If you you keep changing the lowercase c to a capital one the autocorrect should pick up on it.
    01-22-2019 02:15 AM
    If you you keep changing the lowercase c to a capital one the autocorrect should pick up on it.
    It should, the most sure fire way would be the keyboard shortcut changing it to a capital C IMO.

I’ve been waiting for the day for my phones autocorrect to realize I don’t talk about a duck or do a lot of ducking. But there it still thinks that’s what I’m talking about......
    01-22-2019 11:27 PM