Name capitalization.

iPutz

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
I have had 5 iPhones and iPads over the years and every last one of them has never capitalized my sister's first name, ever. Her name is Carol. I have never done anything about it but have noticed that other names are always capitalized automatically. What's wrong with Carol that I always have to manually capitalize it??

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Question: Are you typing her name in an email or a text? Is Carol listed in your contacts and is it capitalized there?

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure why that’s happening to you but you can override it by setting a text replacement for the word Carol by going to

Settings>General>Keyboard>Text Replacement

And setup a shortcut with the capital C in her name

iPutz

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
This happens with my sister’s name in texts, emails, when typing documents, basically anywhere I can type her name. The name Carole however is capitalized every time. Go figure. It’s no big deal, just one of those curious things that I’ve noticed.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
This happens with my sister’s name in texts, emails, when typing documents, basically anywhere I can type her name. The name Carole however is capitalized every time. Go figure. It’s no big deal, just one of those curious things that I’ve noticed.

More than likely the system is associating “carol” with a type of song instead of a name. I get the same results you’re getting.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would also try to reset your keyboard dictionary. Settings > General > Reset > Keyboard

iPutz

Nov 6, 2018
Visit site
The carol, as in Christmas carol, was my guess as to why also. I did change my keyboard as others have suggested and all’s good. Thanks to all who replied.

eve6er69

Trusted Member
Jun 12, 2011
Visit site
If you you keep changing the lowercase c to a capital one the autocorrect should pick up on it.

It should, the most sure fire way would be the keyboard shortcut changing it to a capital C IMO.

I’ve been waiting for the day for my phones autocorrect to realize I don’t talk about a duck or do a lot of ducking. But there it still thinks that’s what I’m talking about......

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73