why does the email app send out yr name in every email ?

Goosinurwife

Dec 30, 2018
Visit site
is there a way to stop it from doing that ?

i already looked in the mail app theres is no option to do that :(

i got update

it seems even thos i cleared out the name section in the emails it still sent out the name so i went back to check an ya the name fields were empty but in there was a ghosted out name that was wierd so i clicked it n put something else in there now its ok so if you are havin the same pro just go back in there an put a diffrent name or whatever you want cuz just clearing it out dont seem to work

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
What device are you on? I don't see a way to delete the "From:" section and add anything in. All I get is the option to switch email accounts.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

i got update

it seems even thos i cleared out the name section in the emails it still sent out the name so i went back to check an ya the name fields were empty but in there was a ghosted out name that was wierd so i clicked it n put something else in there now its ok so if you are havin the same pro just go back in there an put a diffrent name or whatever you want cuz just clearing it out dont seem to work

I don't have a clue to what you're saying in your post. The thread question asks "why does the email app send out [your] name in every email"? The name and/or email address is sent so that the recipient can know from whom the email was sent.

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site

i got update

Open settings:

Go to Passwords & Accounts

Tap on the email you want to remove the name from

Tap on Account

Remove your name in there or enter whatever you’d like

Tap Done

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Open settings:

Go to Passwords & Accounts

Tap on the email you want to remove the name from

Tap on Account

Remove your name in there or enter whatever you’d like

Tap Done

I don't think that works. The name it shows the recipient, is the name one has for themself in their contact card. You may be right if that email address is not listed in the contact card.
Just tested it. It shows the name in contacts, but if the email address is not in the contact, it shows as you said.

Last edited:

mattguy10

Nov 1, 2017
Visit site
I don't think that works. The name it shows the recipient, is the name one has for themself in their contact card. You may be right if that email address is not listed in the contact card.

If I leave the field blank that I mentioned in my last post and send an email to myself, all I see is my email address and not my name. I used to see my name before I made this change a few months back. Are you referring to the email client contact card, or the phone “contacts” contact card (if that makes sense)?

Edit: Saw your edit and tried this as well just to confirm. Same result.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If I leave the field blank that I mentioned in my last post and send an email to myself, all I see is my email address and not my name. I used to see my name before I made this change a few months back. Are you referring to the email client contact card, or the phone “contacts” contact card (if that makes sense)?

Edit: Saw your edit and tried this as well just to confirm. Same result.

Yeah, the phone contacts. If the email address is in the contacts, that's what it shows on emails sent.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro