Why won't my iphone 6 send photographs?

I

iMore Question

Whenever I take a photo and then try to send it to a contact by text, the text composes ok but after I hit the send arrow I get an exclamation mark and "not delivered". Then "your message was not sent. Try again". Why?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried sending with WiFi on, and also with WiFi turned off? What size is the file and does your or the other person's carrier restrict file size? You might also try sending to email, often larger sizes are allow via email, although that also may have a limit. Do you get any other error messages and did the other person get any error messages?

iphone6dummy

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks, guys, but more questions than answers

Originally I tried to send it with wifi on (at home) and whilst I did not actually try send it while outwith my wifi range, I would have expected the phone to send at the first available opportunity wherever. I have also tried to send with my wifi off. I sent it to my wife's android phone and I wouldn't expect hers has any file size limit.

The photo file was taken internally by the phone camera, so I downloaded it to my PC and can see it is 2.12mB. That may well be large but why then would an iphone take a photo which it can't send despite having an icon to do it? Other android phones seem to be able to do it no problem.

All phone numbers in the UK have their 'area code' included as standard.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Perhaps you guys can use a picture repository to share pictures, the iCloud one and Google Photos SHOULD each work on the other's platform. Also there are some good 3rd party ones, such as Amazon Photos, Flickr, etc

iphone6dummy

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
Perhaps you guys can use a picture repository to share pictures, the iCloud one and Google Photos SHOULD each work on the other's platform. Also there are some good 3rd party ones, such as Amazon Photos, Flickr, etc

I can take a photo; I can send a text. Its doing the two together that seems to be a problem with this phone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods