Mac Mini webcam audio issues

I

iMore Question

I recently bought a Logitech C920 webcam for my mac mini. Image quality was phenominal, but what I've run into is that when people talk they hear themselves. I've tried everything adjusting the frequencies in the MIDI setup all of it. The only thing that worked was turning my volume down so low I couldn't hear them talking. Conversely I had an old C615 on a different computer, when I installed it, the problem went away. I'd prefer the nicer camera, but i can't have the other end be hearing themselved when they talk. They find it too distracting. Am i missing something? I noticed that there was a mention of noise canceling on the logitech website. If the C920 doesn't supprot it, is there a different model that does?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mac Mini WebCam Auio Issues

This appears to be an issue for the Logitech folks to assist you with. If you haven't already, please contact Logitech Support regarding this matter. Thank you.

windsorsean

Jun 14, 2017
Visit site
I also have the same issue after purchasing this camera given the iMore recommendation. After some digging it looks like this is a common issue for this camera and technically Logitech does not support it on MacOS (although states it will work with basic UVC built in drivers). Logitech does have other models which are officially supported and do not appear to have this issue.

So at least for FaceTime I'd suggest iMore should not be recommended this model.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73