the new mac mini 2018: ram

I

iMore Question

when purchasing a new 2018 mac mini, the original memory sticks of 4gb (each slot),
when they are removed do they still belong to the purchaser for the total price of $999cdn? this is when apple replaces the 4gb sticks with (2)8gb sticks (as an example). and what is the exact price of the 4 gb stick of ram?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Trusted Member
Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm not quite understanding your question. The cost of the components are hard to determine for a variety of reasons.

One is Apple gets those parts at wholesale, which is much cheaper than retail.

Second, most regular consumers can't get wholesale prices of computer parts. If they buy in enough bulk, some retailers offer a deeper discount, but I don't think it gets anywhere near to wholesale prices.

The situation you outlined, to me at least, is when configuring the device. You are essentially telling Apple how to build your computer. They will ship the unit with what you specify (within their stipulations on what can be modified).

I suppose you could get the 4 GB unit, and try to upgrade it. I haven't seen any teardowns of the mini, so I am not sure if the RAM can be altered at the user level.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73