Why am I locked out of my itunes account?

I

iMore Question

I have not used this account for quite a while, mainly because itunes is incompatible with linux. Now itunes does not recognize my gmail user account or my password. The music I paid for is inaccessible to me. I can not even reset my password. In my opinion, itunes is behaving like a rank startups company that does not know what it is doing. The customer pays as a result. Very disappointing.

Anthony Iacovino

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have not used this account for quite a while, mainly because itunes is incompatible with linux. Now itunes does not recognize my gmail user account or my password. The music I paid for is inaccessible to me. I can not even reset my password. In my opinion, itunes is behaving like a rank startups company that does not know what it is doing. The customer pays as a result. Very disappointing.

Anthony Iacovino

Hi, welcome to imore,

I’m sorry that you’re having issues.
Go to http://appleid.apple.com and try to login or reset your password there.

If you have any questions, please register here to our forum. We love to help.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I have not used this account for quite a while, mainly because itunes is incompatible with linux.

And iTunes will never be compatible with Linux, which leaves you with either Windows or MacOS, or Wine IF you can get it to work correctly.

Now itunes does not recognize my gmail user account or my password. The music I paid for is inaccessible to me. I can not even reset my password. In my opinion, itunes is behaving like a rank startups company that does not know what it is doing. The customer pays as a result. Very disappointing.

Anthony Iacovino

Sounds to me like you haven't even tried, and rather than trying, you want to complain and call Apple "a rank startups company that does not know what it is doing". Um, one billion dollars. I think they know exactly what they are doing. There are several....let me say again, SEVERAL ways to regain access to your account, as long as you can prove you are the account holder.

One way is to try using the link @Tartarus posted.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
And iTunes will never be compatible with Linux, which leaves you with either Windows or MacOS, or Wine IF you can get it to work correctly.

Well I would never say NEVER, but yes its extremely unlikely, unless Linux suddenly becomes much more popular.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Correction: One Trillion buckaroos

Just finished watching Austin Powers and still had the image of Dr Evil in my head:

48b125d84ee759575db945a574cc7699.jpg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Well I would never say NEVER, but yes its extremely unlikely, unless Linux suddenly becomes much more popular.

Yes, I'll go ahead and say never.

There are two main reasons. First, way too many flavors of *Nux out there to make iTunes work with all of them. Second, there's no money in it for Apple to make it work.

And Linux is very popular with the programming world and the military, but not so with the daily average Joe user.

Heck, you may be using it right now and don't even know it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234