Made adjustments for my visual impairments & I am now locked out of my iPad

I

iMore Question

https://www.imore.com/accessibility-iphone-ipad

I have major visual impairments that will eventually succumb to visual loss. Today I was exploring my iPad's "accessibility". Overall, I was impressed. Now only if I could get a cell phone in the same size!

Unfortunately, my iPad timed out. Locked home screen requiring my pass code!!! Now, it has been nothing but headaches!!!!
1. double tap? triple tap? tap too slow? too fast? delete? PFFT. start over!
2. once you're finally able to complete your password... DENIED!
3. REPEAT, DENIED, REPEAT, DENIED
4. Enter password after restarting
5. Restart
6. STEPS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, repeated
7. Repeat step 6

Frustrated!!!!!
However, apple support did help me finally resolve a major iTunes malfunction that has disabled the use of for 2-1/2 years! I hope my iPad issue is resolved much faster... Once you go to Mac, you never go back? HUH! 6 years of nonsense, I AM DONE!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
https://www.imore.com/accessibility-iphone-ipad

I have major visual impairments that will eventually succumb to visual loss. Today I was exploring my iPad's "accessibility". Overall, I was impressed. Now only if I could get a cell phone in the same size!

Unfortunately, my iPad timed out. Locked home screen requiring my pass code!!! Now, it has been nothing but headaches!!!!
1. double tap? triple tap? tap too slow? too fast? delete? PFFT. start over!
2. once you're finally able to complete your password... DENIED!
3. REPEAT, DENIED, REPEAT, DENIED
4. Enter password after restarting
5. Restart
6. STEPS 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, repeated
7. Repeat step 6

Frustrated!!!!!
However, apple support did help me finally resolve a major iTunes malfunction that has disabled the use of for 2-1/2 years! I hope my iPad issue is resolved much faster... Once you go to Mac, you never go back? HUH! 6 years of nonsense, I AM DONE!

If you are locked out of your iPad, you’re going to have to restore it via iTunes. If it’s protected with an iCloud Activation Lock then you’re going to be prompted to enter the associated credentials before being able to use the device.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Once you go to Mac, you never go back? HUH! 6 years of nonsense, I AM DONE!

Nonsense? No. It's called security and Apple integrates it for a reason.

Not your cup of tea? No problem. There's always Android and Windows.

Good luck with your future electronics use.

Damien_Eternal

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Security always comes at a loss of convenience. It can make things a pain in the ***, but is more than worth it for the most part, at least in my opinion. I have a fair amount of personal data on my phone, so I am glad its locked down that hard.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711