Is there a way to go bypass the lock screen and go directly to the home screen in iOS12?

I

iMore Question

I'd like to be able to wake the phone by pressing the Home key and have go straight to the Home screen without stopping at the Lock screen. I tried Settings > General > Accessibility > Home Button > Rest Finger to Open but I still get the "Press home to open" message when I wake the phone.

Thanks

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Skipping the Lock screen in IOS12

Not sure if it’s possible unless you don’t have a passcode on your device which is not recommended. That said I tried it on my GFs 8 plus and it only shows the lock screen for a second.

Maybe someone can chime in on this

toonbon

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
Skipping the Lock screen on iPhone 6

I would like my iPhone 6 to wake up in the Home screen. I'm not using a passcode so there's no reason to go first to the Lock screen, as far as I can see. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Skipping the Lock screen on iPhone 6

I would like my iPhone 6 to wake up in the Home screen. I'm not using a passcode so there's no reason to go first to the Lock screen, as far as I can see. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks

If this is possible, it’ll have to be done via a jailbreak tweak or something. Other than that, you cannot wake directly to the home screen on an iPhone.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I'm assuming this is on an iPhone 8 or lower.

I do it all the time. I press the home button and the phone unlocks and goes to the home screen. I also have touch ID set up.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janikhan1234