using Lte not wifi is
    there a way to show netflix from iPhone to tv? How?
    11-18-2018 02:50 PM
    using Lte not wifi is
    there a way to show netflix from iPhone to tv? How?
    Most smart TVs come with Netflix on board. If not you can install it easily yourself.

There is no option to stream Netflix to your TV without using a streaming device such like Apple TV, Chromecast and so on.

If you mean that your TV can’t connect to internet because there is no WiFi, you can always use Personal Hotspot on your iPhone to connect the TV to internet.
    11-18-2018 03:16 PM
    Old VZW plan. Unlimited data but no hotspot. Can I somehow use wifi to link the phone to apple tv adapter or some other kind (Chromecast or you tell me) BUT use LTE as the source of data? On Android phones it is called direct wifi.

I have a wifi network at home but no data from outside. I can connect both devices to the wifi network but need LTE to be the source of the data to play Netflix on the phone. I will buy whatever adapter is needed by tv to then stream the Netflix from my phone screen to my tv.

Possible?
    Last edited by recDNA; 11-18-2018 at 03:29 PM.
    11-18-2018 03:18 PM
    Unfortunately no. I just tried. You could, however, download the movie/show offline in Netflix on your iPhone and find a WiFi router somewhere, hook it up, connect both the iPhone and the TV to that WiFi network and stream whatever you want.

But don’t forget that the router won’t have an actual connection to the internet and your iPhone will be offline during the duration it’s connected to that WiFi router.
    11-18-2018 03:32 PM
    Unfortunately no. I just tried. You could, however, download the movie/show offline in Netflix on your iPhone and find a WiFi router somewhere, hook it up, connect both the iPhone and the TV to that WiFi network and stream whatever you want.

But don’t forget that the router won’t have an actual connection to the internet and your iPhone will be offline during the duration it’s connected to that WiFi router.
    I have the router. I have no outside data but I can download the show first (brilliant idea). Now TV and iphone on my dataless network. How do I stream from the iphone TO the tv? What adapter wouldnI need? My tv has no native screen mirroring tech.
    11-18-2018 03:36 PM
    I have the router. I have no outside data but I can download the show first (brilliant idea). Now TV and iphone on my dataless network. How do I stream from the iphone TO the tv? What adapter wouldnI need? My tv has no native screen mirroring tech.
    You mentioned an AppleTV. Use that.

If you don’t have an AppleTV, Amazon and Google have cheaper streaming devices as an alternative.
    11-18-2018 03:39 PM
    You mentioned an AppleTV. Use that.

If you don’t have an AppleTV, Amazon and Google have cheaper streaming devices as an alternative.
    OK, that should. work. I. will miss being able to use direct wifi to Microsoft adapter. That used to let me use Android direct wifi to stream from phone using lte data to tv.
    11-18-2018 03:43 PM
    OK, that should. work. I. will miss being able to use direct wifi to Microsoft adapter. That used to let me use Android direct wifi to stream from phone using lte data to tv.
    I feel your pain. I’m in a similar situation at my vacation home. Luckily that’s only for 2 weeks max, twice a year. I use that time to take a break from TV altogether.
    11-18-2018 03:46 PM
    I feel your pain. I’m in a similar situation at my vacation home. Luckily that’s only for 2 weeks max, twice a year. I use that time to take a break from TV altogether.
    I would go insane. My current device even allows hdmi wired connection which is best of all but I don't think any new Android devices have that capability and iPhones never have. The sheer beauty of the XS Max draws me in despite what I perceive as limitations (nobody here would)

Would a Lightning Digital AV Adapter allow me to connect directly by HDMI and use LTE to stream to tv with wired HDMI connection?
    Last edited by recDNA; 11-18-2018 at 04:06 PM.
    11-18-2018 03:49 PM
    Why not use an hdmi adaptor to connect your phone directly to your tv?
    pkcable likes this.
    11-18-2018 05:37 PM
    Why not use an hdmi adaptor to connect your phone directly to your tv?
    I would love to but is there one that works with XS Max?
    11-18-2018 05:38 PM
    I would love to but is there one that works with XS Max?
    Lightning Digital AV Adapter

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=http...token=oNgrX4F-
    Apple Store has one. And apparently it works with the Xs, according to someone in the Q&A section who has used it personally.
    11-18-2018 06:32 PM
    Sounds perfect and I can control remotely with a bluetooth mouse yes?
    11-18-2018 06:34 PM
    Sounds perfect and I can control remotely with a bluetooth mouse yes?
    I don’t think so. All it does is project the iPhone onto the tv. You will have to use the controls on the iPhone.
    If you have an Watch, you can use that as a remote.
    11-18-2018 06:36 PM
    I don’t think so. All it does is project the iPhone onto the tv. You will have to use the controls on the iPhone.
    If you have an Watch, you can use that as a remote.
    Spoiled by Android. They all allow bluetooth mouse functionality. I didn't know iPhones lacked it.
    11-18-2018 06:38 PM
    Spoiled by Android. They all allow bluetooth mouse functionality. I didn't know iPhones lacked it.
    I’m not sure it won’t work though. Haven’t tried it, is all.
    11-18-2018 07:12 PM
    Lightning Digital AV Adapter

https://forums.imore.com/e?link=http...token=oNgrX4F-
    Apple Store has one. And apparently it works with the Xs, according to someone in the Q&A section who has used it personally.
    Reviews are not very favorable. Looks like iOS 12 no longer supports this feature. I personally haven't tried and for $50 I'm not taking the chance.
    11-18-2018 10:21 PM
    Reviews are not very favorable. Looks like iOS 12 no longer supports this feature. I personally haven't tried and for $50 I'm not taking the chance.
    I'd ask at Apple Store first. I'm sure they'd take it back if I purchased on bad advice. Still thanks for your info. I'm disappointed. It sounded like the perfect solution for my problem.
    11-18-2018 10:25 PM
    That cord Tartarus mentioned will work, plus there are cheaper lightning to HDMI cords on Amazon that will also work. Just search lightning to HDMI on Amazon and you will see tons of them!
    Not Quite Right likes this.
    11-19-2018 03:15 PM
    That cord Tartarus mentioned will work, plus there are cheaper lightning to HDMI cords on Amazon that will also work. Just search lightning to HDMI on Amazon and you will see tons of them!
    But will they work in os12?
    11-19-2018 03:19 PM
    But will they work in os12?
    It’s safe to say they will work. In the worst case you can get a full refund from Apple Store anyway, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves here.
    recDNA and Annie_8plus like this.
    11-19-2018 03:45 PM
    I will test my 3rd party cord tonight.
    recDNA likes this.
    11-19-2018 04:18 PM
    Ok my 3rd party cord sorta works. You DO get a message about using an unsupported accessory. YouTube, and NBC sports worked fine but Netflix refused to play. I can see the screen and select a show but at that point it simply does not play and eventually goes back to the select screen.

Ok I tried a bunch of apps and they all work, the only one that does not is Netflix.
    Last edited by pkcable; 11-19-2018 at 10:25 PM.
    11-19-2018 10:05 PM
    Ok my 3rd party cord sorta works. You DO get a message about using an unsupported accessory. YouTube, and NBC sports worked fine but Netflix refused to play. I can see the screen and select a show but at that point it simply does not play and eventually goes back to the select screen.

Ok I tried a bunch of apps and they all work, the only one that does not is Netflix.
    Thanks! Unfortunately for me Netflix is the only one I care about. Thanks for trying.
    Last edited by recDNA; 11-20-2018 at 08:46 AM.
    11-19-2018 10:41 PM
    Thanks! Unfortunately for me Netflix is the only one I care about. Thanks for trying.
    Yea I was really surprised that it would not work. It LOOKED like it was trying, but the movie would never start, and eventually the select screen would come back on. As SOON as I unplugged the cable then I could easily start a movie. Go figure!
    11-20-2018 09:05 AM
36 12