Broadcast Netflix to TV

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ok my 3rd party cord sorta works. You DO get a message about using an unsupported accessory. YouTube, and NBC sports worked fine but Netflix refused to play. I can see the screen and select a show but at that point it simply does not play and eventually goes back to the select screen.

Ok I tried a bunch of apps and they all work, the only one that does not is Netflix.

Last edited:

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Ok my 3rd party cord sorta works. You DO get a message about using an unsupported accessory. YouTube, and NBC sports worked fine but Netflix refused to play. I can see the screen and select a show but at that point it simply does not play and eventually goes back to the select screen.

Ok I tried a bunch of apps and they all work, the only one that does not is Netflix.
Thanks! Unfortunately for me Netflix is the only one I care about. Thanks for trying.

Last edited:

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! Unfortunately for me Netflix is the only one I care about. Thanks for trying.

Yea I was really surprised that it would not work. It LOOKED like it was trying, but the movie would never start, and eventually the select screen would come back on. As SOON as I unplugged the cable then I could easily start a movie. Go figure!

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Yea I was really surprised that it would not work. It LOOKED like it was trying, but the movie would never start, and eventually the select screen would come back on. As SOON as I unplugged the cable then I could easily start a movie. Go figure!
So you DID get it to work? Do you have latest ios update? Lots complaining on apple website that the apple version no longer works in ios 12.1

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
So you DID get it to work? Do you have latest ios update? Lots complaining on apple website that the apple version no longer works in ios 12.1

Netflix, no, would not work. Yes on the latest iPhone and latest Netflix. Just about everything else works, just not Netflix. :(

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Yes the Apple adapter works!

60A3099A-5BED-4007-AD13-463BD4C4D266.jpeg

pkcable

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
You tried Netflix?

Yes it works, at least with my iPad, but let me verify the phone too. Yea phone works too, no message about "Accessory May Not Work" It just works, Netflix and anything else. It's likely Apple put some sort of block in place so you are forced to buy their equipment.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen