Broadcast Netflix to TV

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
using Lte not wifi is
there a way to show netflix from iPhone to tv? How?

Most smart TVs come with Netflix on board. If not you can install it easily yourself.

There is no option to stream Netflix to your TV without using a streaming device such like Apple TV, Chromecast and so on.

If you mean that your TV can’t connect to internet because there is no WiFi, you can always use Personal Hotspot on your iPhone to connect the TV to internet.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Old VZW plan. Unlimited data but no hotspot. Can I somehow use wifi to link the phone to apple tv adapter or some other kind (Chromecast or you tell me) BUT use LTE as the source of data? On Android phones it is called direct wifi.

I have a wifi network at home but no data from outside. I can connect both devices to the wifi network but need LTE to be the source of the data to play Netflix on the phone. I will buy whatever adapter is needed by tv to then stream the Netflix from my phone screen to my tv.

Possible?

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately no. I just tried. You could, however, download the movie/show offline in Netflix on your iPhone and find a WiFi router somewhere, hook it up, connect both the iPhone and the TV to that WiFi network and stream whatever you want.

But don’t forget that the router won’t have an actual connection to the internet and your iPhone will be offline during the duration it’s connected to that WiFi router.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Unfortunately no. I just tried. You could, however, download the movie/show offline in Netflix on your iPhone and find a WiFi router somewhere, hook it up, connect both the iPhone and the TV to that WiFi network and stream whatever you want.

But don’t forget that the router won’t have an actual connection to the internet and your iPhone will be offline during the duration it’s connected to that WiFi router.
I have the router. I have no outside data but I can download the show first (brilliant idea). Now TV and iphone on my dataless network. How do I stream from the iphone TO the tv? What adapter wouldnI need? My tv has no native screen mirroring tech.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have the router. I have no outside data but I can download the show first (brilliant idea). Now TV and iphone on my dataless network. How do I stream from the iphone TO the tv? What adapter wouldnI need? My tv has no native screen mirroring tech.

You mentioned an AppleTV. Use that.

If you don’t have an AppleTV, Amazon and Google have cheaper streaming devices as an alternative.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
You mentioned an AppleTV. Use that.

If you don’t have an AppleTV, Amazon and Google have cheaper streaming devices as an alternative.
OK, that should. work. I. will miss being able to use direct wifi to Microsoft adapter. That used to let me use Android direct wifi to stream from phone using lte data to tv.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
OK, that should. work. I. will miss being able to use direct wifi to Microsoft adapter. That used to let me use Android direct wifi to stream from phone using lte data to tv.

I feel your pain. I’m in a similar situation at my vacation home. Luckily that’s only for 2 weeks max, twice a year. I use that time to take a break from TV altogether.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I feel your pain. I’m in a similar situation at my vacation home. Luckily that’s only for 2 weeks max, twice a year. I use that time to take a break from TV altogether.
I would go insane. My current device even allows hdmi wired connection which is best of all but I don't think any new Android devices have that capability and iPhones never have. The sheer beauty of the XS Max draws me in despite what I perceive as limitations (nobody here would)

Would a Lightning Digital AV Adapter allow me to connect directly by HDMI and use LTE to stream to tv with wired HDMI connection?

Last edited:

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Sounds perfect and I can control remotely with a bluetooth mouse yes?

I don’t think so. All it does is project the iPhone onto the tv. You will have to use the controls on the iPhone.
If you have an Watch, you can use that as a remote.

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I don’t think so. All it does is project the iPhone onto the tv. You will have to use the controls on the iPhone.
If you have an Watch, you can use that as a remote.
Spoiled by Android. They all allow bluetooth mouse functionality. I didn't know iPhones lacked it.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site

recDNA

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Reviews are not very favorable. Looks like iOS 12 no longer supports this feature. I personally haven't tried and for $50 I'm not taking the chance.
I'd ask at Apple Store first. I'm sure they'd take it back if I purchased on bad advice. Still thanks for your info. I'm disappointed. It sounded like the perfect solution for my problem.

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
That cord Tartarus mentioned will work, plus there are cheaper lightning to HDMI cords on Amazon that will also work. Just search lightning to HDMI on Amazon and you will see tons of them!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro