I would like a photos sharing idea for people in my family. Dragging photos into a shared folder isn't going to work.

I have 2 sets of grandparents on my could account and they enjoy keeping up with all the pictures in photos. I would like to move them into a separate iCloud account under families. I can't find a good solution so they can see all my photos automatically. Any advice? Thanks
    11-17-2018 09:15 PM
    I would like a photos sharing idea for people in my family. Dragging photos into a shared folder isn't going to work.
    Why not?

I have 2 sets of grandparents on my could account and they enjoy keeping up with all the pictures in photos. I would like to move them into a separate iCloud account under families. I can't find a good solution so they can see all my photos automatically. Any advice? Thanks
    https://www.imore.com/how-to-set-up-...-photo-sharing
    11-18-2018 09:51 AM
    Why not just create a shared photo album then invite them all to it. Works great. I do that all the time with special events when everyone is taking pictures. Then everyone can add to the album and they show up on everyones devices.
    Just_Me_D, Lee_Bo and Annie_8plus like this.
    11-18-2018 09:52 AM
    Why not just create a shared photo album then invite them all to it. Works great. I do that all the time with special events when everyone is taking pictures. Then everyone can add to the album and they show up on everyones devices.
    I do this all the time and it works great.
    11-18-2018 11:28 AM
    I'm looking for an automatic solution like we have now. Lets say I take a random picture of my kids and we go on about our day. Grandparents won't ever see it. Spouses would be the same way. When everyone shares iCloud they see every pic without input. Is there anything in automater that could automatically add them to a shared folder?
    11-18-2018 12:44 PM
    I'm looking for an automatic solution like we have now. Lets say I take a random picture of my kids and we go on about our day. Grandparents won't ever see it. Spouses would be the same way. When everyone shares iCloud they see every pic without input. Is there anything in automater that could automatically add them to a shared folder?
    Create a free google account separate from your main account, install google photos and allow automatic backup, give the people you want to have access the login information. Now whenever you take a pic it will be loaded into google photos and everyone with the login can see it. They can also do the same on their end and load images automatically if you wish.
    11-18-2018 01:35 PM
    It takes very little to share an album in Apple Photos https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202786
    As far as auto uploading photos to a shared album goes, that's a horrible idea ... need I explain why?...
    11-19-2018 09:10 AM
    It takes very little to share an album in Apple Photos https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202786
    As far as auto uploading photos to a shared album goes, that's a horrible idea ... need I explain why?...
    I think anyone with a functional brain can figure that one out.
    11-19-2018 10:29 AM