Messages in iCloud settings bug.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi Hope all is well just wanted to ask something about messages in iCloud. The feature works amazingly well and I love it but. Just one thing is bugging me. When I go to iCloud settings - Manage Storage- Messages and click into the messages I see a “Conversations” view with my conversations and beside the persons name I see a storage amount telling me how much each is taking up. These storage amounts seem to be different across devices which is surprising considering it works over iCloud. I will attach pictures below so you can see.

So you can see all the same conversations showing but “Sams memoirs” group is showing on iPad as 543.7 mb but “Sams Memoirs” on iPhone is showing as 491.8 mb also “ Dylan” on iPad is showing as 355.2mb and “Dylan" on iPhone is showing as 328.6mb. Which obviously are different amounts.

You can see “Barry” is matching across both 174kb and same with “Gregg” and “Graham”

Any idea what might be going on here- potential bug ?

This use to match perfectly. Again it doesn’t seem to impact on messages appearing on all devices or any deleting from all devices and when a device is set up new they all come back as they are. I am just one of those people who is very touchy with minor details etc

Thanks Very Much

Sam

fullsizeoutput_88a.jpegfullsizeoutput_88b.jpeg

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
I just looked at mine and discovered the same thing. With messages between my wife and I, the amount on my iPhone is a whole lot more than what's showing on my iPad. My guesstimate is that because most of my messages between her and I are on my iPhone, the storage it showing more there.

I don't know if that's the real reason or not, but it sounded good.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
My guess is the MMS, all the photos/gifs/etc are still stored in iCloud during the sync and not downloaded to the other devices they were not sent on. Seems likely anyway.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox