ROBO CALLS and APPLE

Nov 15, 2018
Visit site
When is APPLE going to get off their butt and get a good ROBO blocker out. Annoying blocking ROBO two or three times a day. Spectrum on their internet phone has a super online page for ROBO adjustments that WORK GREAT !

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
When is APPLE going to get off their butt and get a good ROBO blocker out. Annoying blocking ROBO two or three times a day. Spectrum on their internet phone has a super online page for ROBO adjustments that WORK GREAT !

That would be called an App!!! Apple doesn’t provide cell service.

Nov 15, 2018
Visit site
Correct however if the geniuses who build apps for apple iphones could come with a app that works---INSTANT Millionaire. My Android buds have access to a pretty good app BUT NOT US iPhone crowd

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Syne.me works great along with Tmobile's spam service that's part of my account.

But as already mentioned, since Apple isn't a cellular company, they're not worried about it.

So I guess you have two choices: Stay with Apple, or don't, if it bothers you that much.

Nov 15, 2018
Visit site
just off phone with provider. Nothing they can do. Spectrum has great settings that work on internet phone. Until a app person comes up with a working solution good luck with ROBO PESTS

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

How is this an Apple problem when almost everyone with a smartphone, regardless of brand, are receiving robocalls multiple times a day?

In addition, many of the numbers they are calling have been spoofed from legitimate numbers.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
just off phone with provider. Nothing they can do. Spectrum has great settings that work on internet phone. Until a app person comes up with a working solution good luck with ROBO PESTS

Like I’ve stated on numerous occasions, advertisers are the WORST when it comes to privacy and not caring for people’s rights and privileges.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
How is this an Apple problem when almost everyone with a smartphone, regardless of brand, are receiving robocalls multiple times a day?

In addition, many of the numbers they are calling have been spoofed from legitimate numbers.

Earlier this summer, I got an email from our local police department asking everyone to disregard texts from them because they had been spoofed!

Nov 15, 2018
Visit site
after a few beers to have fun I do 3 scenario's-- 1-am the Taliban being bombed by the USA 2-dumb redneck on roof of mobile home that's leaking with a Robo insurance call 3- I lay the Billy Graham on them praying for them to get a real job----KABOOOM instant cutoff on this one KEKE

MasterDarque

Jul 2, 2015
Visit site
Singing a verse or two of ‘Row, row, row your boat’ the other day hopefully made a point to them that they weren’t going to make a sale to me.

TylerLV76

Dec 23, 2017
Visit site
2 or 3 times a day? Thats it? Consider yourself very lucky. I get 20-30 a day and since my business is tied to my phone I have to answer every single call.

Now the spoofing calls are spoofing my customers numbers. I got one this week from FCA Chrysler expecting it to be a client call. Instead it was asking me about my chronic pain. The only chronic pain I have is these stupid calls.

T-Mobiles blocker does nothing for me and no app I can find actually stops the call and prevents them from leaving a voicemail.

Just_Me_D

Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
2 or 3 times a day? Thats it? Consider yourself very lucky. I get 20-30 a day and since my business is tied to my phone I have to answer every single call.

Now the spoofing calls are spoofing my customers numbers. I got one this week from FCA Chrysler expecting it to be a client call. Instead it was asking me about my chronic pain. The only chronic pain I have is these stupid calls.

T-Mobiles blocker does nothing for me and no app I can find actually stops the call and prevents them from leaving a voicemail.

Same here, Tyler. It’s frustrating as heck, isn’t it?

xanadome

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Apple provide blocking feature. You block the call after you received it, after which it will be directly forwarded to voice mail wihtout you knowing it. But I know what you are asking. Above is not a true call blocking in that spam callers still go through to your VM.
What you need, and available in Android, is a true call blocker that literally block unwanted callers the first time. It allso block unknown or private callers, and you can also program wild card #s using asterisks.
But this requires Apple to give API to developers, who would create call blocking app that lurks in the background.
In the beginning...... Apple did not give API to developers, probabaly because of bettery concern (I think). Apple still do not. But they came a long way to at least eanable # blocking manually.
I used to jailbreak the phone to obtain true call blockers such as iBlacklist etc, but not doing so any more in the last few years, as I no longer need them. I now think it is better Apple way as spammers don't bother me (once blocked) but if you want, you can check who might have called you. This, combined with "Hiya" and "truecaller", both of which have databases of millions of spam #s , I seldom receive robocalls or spam calls these days. It used to be everyday or many times a day etc. Now it died down to perhaps a couple of times a month? Then, they are immediately blocked anyway.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
When i first saw the thread title I thought it was about Apple robo calling, as yesterday we received four calls/voicemails from a number claiming to be Apple Support. Added them to the Ooma blacklist.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods