Why won’t the "People" album finish scanning faces on the MacBook Air?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Hi I am noticing an issue on macOS Mojave and the photos app. The "People" album will not finish off scanning faces on the MacBook Air. it seems to be stuck. when I click on the people album I get prompted to connect the MacBook to power and don't have the photos app open however in saying this I have had it connected to power and the app not open but it doesn't seem to be getting any further on scanning the remaining Faces. is anyone else noticing this and any way around this

any idea why it won't scan faces when the MacBook is connected to power and the app isn't in use

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why won’t the "People" album finish scanning faces on the MacBook Air?

Hi I am noticing an issue on macOS Mojave and the photos app. The "People" album will not finish off scanning faces on the MacBook Air. it seems to be stuck. when I click on the people album I get prompted to connect the MacBook to power and don't have the photos app open however in saying this I have had it connected to power and the app not open but it doesn't seem to be getting any further on scanning the remaining Faces. is anyone else noticing this and any way around this

any idea why it won't scan faces when the MacBook is connected to power and the app isn't in use

Thanks

How many photos do you have for macOS to scan?

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

It says it has roughly 770ish to go its done 924 so far

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

The scanning process takes a significant amount of time.
Give it a few days and see if it’s finished scanning.

Keep us posted.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

Thanks tarturus. I don’t get it I have it connected to power and app not in use but it doesn’t seem to be moving beyond the 924 scanned photos

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Thanks tarturus. I don’t get it I have it connected to power and app not in use but it doesn’t seem to be moving beyond the 924 scanned photos

I stopped trying to understand these kind of stuff and have been advising you the same
If in a few days there still is no progress, let us know.

samduffy

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site

Good News the photo scan finished. I noticed perhaps its just me but I've noticed it seems to only scan the faces when the Mac is almost dead about 1 or 2 percent and leave it in for about 2 hours to charge but if the Mac is mostly fully charge it doesn't seem to scan the photos but again maybe that's just me thinking that just something I noticed as I tried it the last day on about an 80 percent charge and it didn't scan any faces but yesterday on 1 percent it scanned and finished off the faces which is good perhaps the Macbook needs to be almost dead but I doubt it as a desktop that plugged in doesn't go dead obviously

either way it finished and I'm happy

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR