Home iMore Q&A > Ask a Question

Guest Sign In Option

Asked: Nov 05 2018 | 8:35 am EST 944 Views 7 Answers View Best Answer

Good morning wondering if anyone can help me. Since the new iOS update on my Mac BookPro, I no longer see the Guest Sign In Option. I usually use that option for my daughter so she can complete her school research.

If I am missing it can someone help out. Because I really do not see it.

Thanks everyone have a good day.

Best Answer

Nov 05 2018 | 9:26 am EST Lee_Bo

Good morning wondering if anyone can help me. Since the new iOS update on my Mac BookPro, I no longer see the Guest Sign In Option. I usually use that option for my daughter so she can complete her school research.

If I am missing it can someone help out. Because I really do not see it.

Thanks everyone have a good day.
Good morning @jb_ez86. I hope all is well today.

2016 MBP user here on Mojave. I just looked at my settings and guest was turned off. Now I don't know if Mojave did it as I already had it disabled before updating:
Guest Sign In Option-screen-shot-2018-11-05-10.18.26-am.png

However, after re-enabling, I now have the option when I reboot or log out:
Guest Sign In Option-lwscreenshot-2018-11-05-10.20.26-am.jpg

Hope that helps.

More Answers

Nov 05 2018 | 10:30 am EST jb_ez86

working perfectly. thanks again.
Nov 05 2018 | 10:33 am EST Lee_Bo

working perfectly. thanks again.
Glad to hear.

Now I'm assuming you didn't have guest disabled before the update?
Nov 05 2018 | 11:10 am EST jb_ez86

My daughter was able to sign in as guest before this update. I am assuming it automatically is disable when you do the upgrade. Im not sure what the issue is. But I couldn't think of a resolution. Thanks for the help.
Nov 05 2018 | 2:18 pm EST pkcable

My daughter was able to sign in as guest before this update. I am assuming it automatically is disable when you do the upgrade. Im not sure what the issue is. But I couldn't think of a resolution. Thanks for the help.

This is exactly what I was thinking! Rather than try to answer WITHOUT having Mojave, I "phoned a friend" lol
Nov 05 2018 | 3:33 pm EST Lee_Bo

Anytime. Glad I was able to help.