HELP! How do I escalate a complaint with an on-going Apple Support case?

I

iMore Question

Back in July I bought a new 2018 MacBook Pro via the official Apple Online Store. The laptop I received had a defect with the keyboard and thus I asked for help at Apple support. Later in August an advisor following up on my case reported they wanted to recapture the device and promised a replacement. Long story short, It's been 10 weeks since I sent my laptop back to Apple and still no replacement has been materialised. It´s been an absolute nightmare. My case has been bounced around three advisors now and whilst they claim to be working on it, realistically, the only thing they have been advising me is to wait indefinetely as this issue is "outside their department" and all sort of nonsensical excuses. I have no idea where else to go to make my voice heard, their usual channels always refer me back to another polite but uncapable advisor and a new excuse around internal processes they cannot disclose. Looking online it seems that my current alternative is taking Apple Store to court. I am at a loss here and utterly frustated. Any ideas and suggestions will be most appreciated!

Best,

Alex

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Take the device to a nearby Apple Store and explain your situation to the assisting genius.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Take the device to a nearby Apple Store and explain your situation to the assisting genius.

Long story short, It's been 10 weeks since I sent my laptop back to Apple and still no replacement has been materialised.

There is no laptop to take to the store as it's been retired to Apple but hasn't been returned to the end user.

Something about this just doesn't sound right. I've send several items back over the course of many years and at no time did I ever get any type of run-around that you are describing. I'm not saying Apple is perfect, but I'm my many years of dealing with Apple I've never experienced this.

And unfortunately we cannot give any legal advice on this.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
There is no laptop to take to the store as it's been retired to Apple but hasn't been returned to the end user.

Something about this just doesn't sound right. I've send several items back over the course of many years and at no time did I ever get any type of run-around that you are describing. I'm not saying Apple is perfect, but I'm my many years of dealing with Apple I've never experienced this.

And unfortunately we cannot give any legal advice on this.

Agreed. Apple would have long replaced that MacBook.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Are you sure your talking to a legitimate Apple support person. Where did you get the number?

Go to an Apple Store and give them your case number and they should be able to look up the statues

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh