Hi
    Putting my mac mini into local shop to get hard drive updated to SSD. I am not transferring any data as want a clean install of OSX and all my stuff is either from app store or stored on ICloud. My question is do I sign out of ICloud, ITunes, IMessage before the drive is replaced?

Thanks
    ian.
    10-24-2018 12:55 AM
    Hi
    Putting my mac mini into local shop to get hard drive updated to SSD. I am not transferring any data as want a clean install of OSX and all my stuff is either from app store or stored on ICloud. My question is do I sign out of ICloud, ITunes, IMessage before the drive is replaced?

Thanks
    ian.
    It probably wouldn’t hurt, I completely cloned my MBP when I did mine a few years ago. Probably would turn off find my Mac and sign out just to be on the safe side. I’m sure someone who knows for sure will stop by soon though.
    10-24-2018 05:47 AM
    Seems like when I did an SSD swap on my iMac a year ago, I didn't sign out of anything. But I did log into my Apple account from my MacBook Pro and removed the device from my account. Then set up as a new device. Everything was fine.
    10-24-2018 05:52 AM
    A general best practice is to sign out of anything you wouldn’t want someone else to access (iCloud, iMessage, email, DropBox, etc.). Operate under the assumption that whomever is working on your computer might not be a beacon of morality.
    10-24-2018 05:57 AM