If google can give so many of its upcoming pixel 3 camera features to pixel 2 and pixel 1 but why is apple reluctant to provide its smart hdr on iphone x or iphone 8plus which still are great camera phones and with smart hdr might perform even better or why not provide iphone 8 with portrait mode just like iphone xr if all is software based why don’t just apple provide to its other phones ?
    10-20-2018 03:52 PM
    If google can give so many of its upcoming pixel 3 camera features to pixel 2 and pixel 1 but why is apple reluctant to provide its smart hdr on iphone x or iphone 8plus which still are great camera phones and with smart hdr might perform even better or why not provide iphone 8 with portrait mode just like iphone xr if all is software based why don’t just apple provide to its other phones ?
    If the camera in the iPhone consistently matches or exceeds the cameras on non-Apple devices, then why does Apple need to implement what the others have?

It’s the same with smartphone specs. What Apple can do with 8 GB of RAM may require other manufacturers to have to use 16 GBs.
    Lee_Bo likes this.
    10-20-2018 04:05 PM
    Because the camera features in the iPhone Xs (Max) require processing power that the other iPhones simply can’t provide.
    10-20-2018 05:09 PM
    Because the camera features in the iPhone Xs (Max) require processing power that the other iPhones simply can’t provide.
    Examples, please.

I've purchased a few camera apps that make the stock camera app look like 16-bit doggy doo.
    10-20-2018 05:14 PM
    Examples, please.

I've purchased a few camera apps that make the stock camera app look like 16-bit doggy doo.
    You know I don’t have the Xs Max.
    Therefor I’m basing my statement on the lack of Smart HDR feature as mentioned by OP.
    kataran likes this.
    10-20-2018 05:23 PM