How do I backup and restore all photos/videos/albums?

I

iMore Question

I have an iPhone Xs running iOS 12 that I just got, and restored an iTunes backup from my older iPhone. I had 400 apps and tons of pictures and messages. I realized the phone is bogged down and would like to reinstall everything manually and do a wipe and restore...BUT....I just bought 50GB of iCloud storage for all my photos and videos because those I would like to restore. My question is specific: Once iCloud is done backing up all 46GB of my photo library, can I have confidence that my photos AND albums on my phone will restore after I reset and wipe my new device? That was the whole reason I purchased 50GB on the cloud because that's all I want backed up and put back on my device, however I have certain albums I've organized on my device and my concern is that the albums won't restore.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I have an iPhone Xs running iOS 12 that I just got, and restored an iTunes backup from my older iPhone. I had 400 apps and tons of pictures and messages. I realized the phone is bogged down and would like to reinstall everything manually and do a wipe and restore...BUT....I just bought 50GB of iCloud storage for all my photos and videos because those I would like to restore. My question is specific: Once iCloud is done backing up all 46GB of my photo library, can I have confidence that my photos AND albums on my phone will restore after I reset and wipe my new device? That was the whole reason I purchased 50GB on the cloud because that's all I want backed up and put back on my device, however I have certain albums I've organized on my device and my concern is that the albums won't restore.

iCloud Photo Library will restore as the way it was before. Even albums and folders people faces (if you have those set).

Don’t worry, I’ve done it so many times.
Just make sure to enable iCloud Photo Library in iCloud settings on your iPhone after restoring it.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I’m lazy so I just do an iTunes back up with encryption on and I get everything back on my new device. Just make sure you back up with the latest iOS version on your old device and make sure your new device is running the latest before you restore your iTunes back up or it will error out on you

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711