Do you think people would benifet from a case that actually cool off a persons phone?

ALICIA Mc Leod

Oct 12, 2018
Visit site
I am writing because I have a question. I am an inventor and currently I have been working on a case that is able to cool an overheated phone or portable device(i.e. iPad etc.). The engineer that I have hired has design and gotten this case to work. This case allows for longer usage and automictically starts to cool the persons device, allowing for longer battery usage and less draining.

When designing this case I thought about some of the reasons today for overheating. There are a lot of factors (Sauna Room, Gamers, Blogger, Outside activities and of course the rising temperature of our planet. In keeping this in mind I came up with a concept for a case that also has a detachable part that can cool.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I believe a good deal of people could benefit from the use of a case that can cool the device. With that being said, do not mention the name of the case, where it can be purchased or any other advertising of it. Simply allow members to answer the question asked in the thread title.

Check your PM for information on how to advertise her at iMore. Thanks.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
A cooling case would be nice, seems like a daunting task, but it would help the people who still play Pokémon Go.

Is Pokémon Go still a thing then?
c1ed37669d72b654f330db4699463fc0.jpg

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I think it’s a great concept, the trick as with any invention and/or product development is getting a good product to the market at a competitive price.

In today’s fast paced high tech market, functionality, pricing and timing are the big keys to having a successful product.

I am a person who will always be the first one in line to buy a new concept product and have done so many times in the past. Looking forward to seeing your product become a reality.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Not a great idea to use an iPhone in the Sauna!

It will be if the cooling case does its job really good.
If you mean the humidity in saunas, the newest iPhones have higher water resistance ratings, so that should be no problem as well.

But I agree that it’s not something I’d do myself.
Heck, I don’t even wear my Watch to saunas.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Interesting? Sure. That being said size would be a major consideration, especially on the larger screen iPhones. I’m assuming the case would have to be pretty thick. I’ve also personally never felt a need to cool my iPhone down as it does a pretty good job of controlling its temperature on its own. That’s just me though; everyone’s use case is different.

Wotchered

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I do think that it would be a useful thing to have a cover that cools your phone/device and can see several approaches to this, of course there is also a need for a heating case for winter use as well !! Perhaps Apple will come out with a constant temperature iPhone and we won’t have to bother ?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Eh not really. I guess I am the anomaly, but since the original iPhone, and I have had them all, I have never gotten the overheated warning.

I used to get them with one of my iPads when I was using it to read in the sauna, but obviously that was my own doing.

Mars20

Nov 28, 2017
Visit site
It will be if the cooling case does its job really good.
If you mean the humidity in saunas, the newest iPhones have higher water resistance ratings, so that should be no problem as well.

But I agree that it’s not something I’d do myself.
Heck, I don’t even wear my Watch to saunas.

It would be all too easy to drop an iPhone in a sauna or the shower afterwards, unless you have a pocket in your swim trunks !

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
First thing ... MEH!
Second thing ... I'm sure if this was feasible it would've already been done.
Bonus thing ... Rising temperatures of the planet LOL! :rotfl:

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Personally, I don't think it would benefit me, yet I can see the benefits of this for some users. Years ago, my nephew had a summer job with a landscaping company. His buddy suggested that the leave their phones in their cooler in a ziplock bag. Of course, there was ice in the cooler, and the bag was not sealed properly. This was an epic fail! When he got back to the truck at the end of the day, his iPhone was floating in water, and of course, ruined. So in instances like this, I can see that a cooling case would be very beneficial.

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Interesting concept. Probably not for me but I'm sure others would find use. I'd have to be thoughtful of the size and weight of such a case.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73