Syncing between Apple Watches

I

iMore Question

The passage quoted below is taken from an article previously posted on this site. Is what it says still true in WatchOS 5? If so, my two Apple Watches don’t indicate any Sync in the Activity app, though the syncing may be occurring and in fact stored in the Health app. Both iPhones are signed into the same AppleID.

“Okay, so this isn't really using the same Apple Watch with multiple iPhone models, but it's close. Thanks to the way Apple's Health infrastructure works, any device that's synced with your Apple ID can back up encrypted workout data to iCloud; as such, you can wear Apple Watch #1 (tied to iPhone #1 ) for your morning workout, and Apple Watch #2 (tied to iPhone #2 ) to your evening workout, and the Health app will record both and combine all records that evening”

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes the watches and activity still sync. I have many watches paired and they do sync, just sometimes it takes a little while.

hexagenia

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Are all your watches syncing with one iPhone or more than one iPhone? I have two iPhones (work and personal) both signed in to the same AppleID, each with their own watch, and I am trying to see if they should sync across Apple Watches paired to different iPhones?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro