How can I fix problems after updating my IPhone 6 to IOS 12?

EnviroTech

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
After the update I am getting the message "text message failed to send" when I power my phone back up. Also its stuck on portrait mode. Does anyone have any Ideas how I can fix these?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
After the update I am getting the message "text message failed to send" when I power my phone back up. Also its stuck on portrait mode. Does anyone have any Ideas how I can fix these?

I think in your case it’s best to perform a restore of the device.
At first, try restoring to a backup you will make after reading this post. If that doesn’t fix it, restore again and set your device as new.

EnviroTech

Aug 7, 2018
Visit site
I think in your case it’s best to perform a restore of the device.
At first, try restoring to a backup you will make after reading this post. If that doesn’t fix it, restore again and set your device as new.

Thanks for the help. I'll give it a try when I have the time.

Lee_Bo

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Devil's advocate here.

The title reads "after updating my IPhone 6 to IOS 12". If the OP only has an iOS 11 backup, it won't restore. If the device is backed up now and restored, then the issue could be with the current OS/apps installed.

I'd reset and set up as new device.

Honey Beagle

Aug 27, 2014
Visit site

Be sure if you follow the advise given to restore your phone make sure you do a backup of your said phone.