On https://www.imore.com/how-stop-facebook-tracking-your-location, you ask us to let you know if we have any more Location Tracking questions. I do but I cannot find any way of "letting you know" other than leaving a comment. Let's see if it works.

I do not have a smartphone and I use Facebook ONLY from my desktop PC. Settings\Privacy\Location says 'location history is off' and clicking on location history confirms this. I have never given my home town. I never post anything about local activities and the App Platform is turned off. I have never allowed tagging and tag review has always been On. I have never 'checked in' or given my location at any time. Yet Facebook clearly knows where I am, because it frequently posts 'friends are going to events near you' and the like. I find this extremely creepy and I want to stop Facebook from tracking me. Do you have any ideas? Thanks.
    09-28-2018 10:40 AM
    On https://www.imore.com/how-stop-faceb...-your-location, you ask us to let you know if we have any more Location Tracking questions. I do but I cannot find any way of "letting you know" other than leaving a comment. Let's see if it works.

I do not have a smartphone and I use Facebook ONLY from my desktop PC. Settings\Privacy\Location says 'location history is off' and clicking on location history confirms this. I have never given my home town. I never post anything about local activities and the App Platform is turned off. I have never allowed tagging and tag review has always been On. I have never 'checked in' or given my location at any time. Yet Facebook clearly knows where I am, because it frequently posts 'friends are going to events near you' and the like. I find this extremely creepy and I want to stop Facebook from tracking me. Do you have any ideas? Thanks.
    If all your friends tend to be from city X and only a very few from other various cities, it’s not that hard to conclude that you’re also from city X.
    09-28-2018 11:21 AM
    Hi Tartarus. Thanks. Just looked into that. About 25% of my friends do live within 50 miles of here. It's certainly the biggest grouping. Another 40% are scattered across the UK, 25% live in the USA, and 10% are in Europe. I am suspicious, though, that Fb has some other way of knowing where I live and if so, I want to turn that off or block it in some way.
    09-28-2018 11:45 AM
    Hi Tartarus. Thanks. Just looked into that. About 25% of my friends do live within 50 miles of here. It's certainly the biggest grouping. Another 40% are scattered across the UK, 25% live in the USA, and 10% are in Europe. I am suspicious, though, that Fb has some other way of knowing where I live and if so, I want to turn that off or block it in some way.
    Do you have a city listed in your profile? They are probably basing it off of that.
    09-28-2018 09:24 PM
    Even if you delete Facebook completely(takes about three weeks) you will find Facebook has planted cookies on whatever machine you use . And if you managed to stop that, Google tracks you constantly, and Amazon !!
    Tartarus likes this.
    09-29-2018 10:45 AM