How to fix iOS 12’s latest irritation, which is linking my iPhone’s ring tone with my iPad so that when the phone rings, my iPad emits a tone too ! This is an abomination, I cannot tell you how much I hate this ridiculous change. If I’m not doing phone calls I’m not doing them ! I don’t want my iPad jumping up and down telling me that a phone call I don’t want is occurring. I’m busy.
    09-28-2018 09:38 AM
    How to fix iOS 12’s latest irritation, which is linking my iPhone’s ring tone with my iPad so that when the phone rings, my iPad emits a tone too ! This is an abomination, I cannot tell you how much I hate this ridiculous change...
    Try Settings >Phone, or Settings>Cellular, then look for the ‘Calls on Other Devices’ option to turn on/off globally, or by individual devices any/all devices that are signed into your iCloud account, that are nearby and on WiFi. And yeah, this option in in two locations in Settings, both in ‘Cellular’ and ‘Phone.’
    Tartarus and Annie_M like this.
    09-28-2018 10:03 AM
    How to fix iOS 12’s latest irritation, which is linking my iPhone’s ring tone with my iPad so that when the phone rings, my iPad emits a tone too ! This is an abomination, I cannot tell you how much I hate this ridiculous change. If I’m not doing phone calls I’m not doing them ! I don’t want my iPad jumping up and down telling me that a phone call I don’t want is occurring. I’m busy.
    Ooh, I love this feature. It’s interesting to see that not everybody likes it.
    MasterDarque likes this.
    09-28-2018 10:06 AM
    Try Settings >Phone, or Settings>Cellular, then look for the ‘Calls on Other Devices’ option to turn on/off globally, or by individual devices any/all devices that are signed into your iCloud account, that are nearby and on WiFi. And yeah, this option in in two locations in Settings, both in ‘Cellular’ and ‘Phone.’
    Ok, thank you, I found it in ‘Phone’ I had not thought to look there as it’s a 4S, I suppose it must have been on all the time then,and the update on my iPad caused the ruckus ?
    09-28-2018 10:54 AM
    Ok, thank you, I found it in ‘Phone’ I had not thought to look there as it’s a 4S, I suppose it must have been on all the time then,and the update on my iPad caused the ruckus ?
    It’s possible that the update MIGHT have reenabled this option, just my speculation. Hopefully though, this setting will help resolve your issue.
    09-28-2018 11:00 AM