My wife got a new phone number (long story -- had to be done). We've been messaging each other with the new phone number, but it's keeping the old iMessage conversations separated. Call me sentimental, but I'd like to keep the old conversations, which includes messaging from the time of our wedding a couple months back.

Is there any way to combine the two iMessage threads into one on my iPhone? Or is this a hopeless venture?
    09-26-2018 12:28 AM
    Welcome to iMore. If you are using a Mac at home you can try to enable Message in the iCloud in the system preferences.

Maybe this can help merging the conversations into one stream.
    09-26-2018 04:51 AM
    My wife got a new phone number (long story -- had to be done). We've been messaging each other with the new phone number, but it's keeping the old iMessage conversations separated. Call me sentimental, but I'd like to keep the old conversations, which includes messaging from the time of our wedding a couple months back.

Is there any way to combine the two iMessage threads into one on my iPhone? Or is this a hopeless venture?
    Unless the conversation is started with her Apple ID then I would think that you won’t be able to since she is now using a different phone number.
    09-26-2018 07:36 AM