Merge two iMessage conversations?

I

iMore Question

My wife got a new phone number (long story -- had to be done). We've been messaging each other with the new phone number, but it's keeping the old iMessage conversations separated. Call me sentimental, but I'd like to keep the old conversations, which includes messaging from the time of our wedding a couple months back.

Is there any way to combine the two iMessage threads into one on my iPhone? Or is this a hopeless venture?

judgetom

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to iMore. If you are using a Mac at home you can try to enable Message in the iCloud in the system preferences.

Maybe this can help merging the conversations into one stream.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
My wife got a new phone number (long story -- had to be done). We've been messaging each other with the new phone number, but it's keeping the old iMessage conversations separated. Call me sentimental, but I'd like to keep the old conversations, which includes messaging from the time of our wedding a couple months back.

Is there any way to combine the two iMessage threads into one on my iPhone? Or is this a hopeless venture?

Unless the conversation is started with her Apple ID then I would think that you won’t be able to since she is now using a different phone number.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice