Problem controlling phone with watch

IanD75

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi.

I have an Apple Watch S3 (OS 5) and iPhone 6S (iOS 12). When using iOS 11 if I played music, an audiobook or podcast from my phone an app would appear on my watch allowing me to start, stop, etc. But since iOS 12 this does not happen. Am I missing something?

I have also tried the podcast app on the watch. But when I try to play a podcast I get an error “Cannot play This item There was a problem playing this on your iPhone”. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Ian

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Now Playing has been working just fine with my Series 3 Apple Watch running watchOS 5 and my iPhone X running iOS 12. Have you tried doing a hard reset of both devices? If that doesn't work the next step would usually be unpairing and then repairing your watch to your phone.

IanD75

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site
Now Playing has been working just fine with my Series 3 Apple Watch running watchOS 5 and my iPhone X running iOS 12. Have you tried doing a hard reset of both devices? If that doesn't work the next step would usually be unpairing and then repairing your watch to your phone.

I hard reset both and the Now Playing app is back in action. Thank you for your reply!